Vingt-et-un

"I worship her, Alyosha; worship her. Only she doesn't see it. No, she still thinks I don't love her enough. And she tortures me, tortures me with her love. The past was nothing! In the past, it was only that infernal body of hers that tortured me, but now I've taken all her soul into my soul, and through her, I've become a man." - Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

Painting name : The Swing by Edouard Bisson (French, 1856–1939)

If you were to ask Love if she spent the night at her, not really her boyfriend's, home, she would say yes, I did

But then she would follow it up with an eye roll and a grumble about how nothing past a few quick kisses and clothed cuddling happened between them. Joo-ik was a proper gentleman with her, and it irritated her as much as it made her blush like a schoolgirl on her first date. He gave her a change of clothes as her pajamas for the night, made up his bed for her, tucked her in, and ignored her every attempt to subtly get him to join her. She knew he wanted her and yet was being a gentleman in the face of his opportunity to have her all to himself.

Love blamed Hyun-gu solely for this. The ass chose to come home the one night he needed to be gone and locked himself in his room, but not until after arguing with her and Joo-ik. If she was just a bit more like Doom, she'd turn him into a dove and taxidermy his dead body to make for some new decoration.

Perhaps her displeasure over last night was more obvious than she thought since Joo-ik was now attaching himself to her like a bee to a flower. She felt about as flattered as she felt smothered.

"You do know you have other chairs, right?" Love asked Joo-ik, sounding coy.

"But none of them are as close to you as this one is." Joo-ik told her, saying it as if the answer was incredibly obvious.

Love looked down to see that their chairs were nearly touching and their bodies were a breath away from each other. She looked back up at Joo-ik to see he had a cocky grin on his face while his eyes screamed mischief was on his mind.

"How can you think you get to flirt with me when you kept ignoring me last night?" Love asked him, with a frown on her face and eyebrows pointed downward.

"I was not ignoring you. I was being a gentleman by thinking you didn't want someone listening to us last night, especially since it was Hyun-gu." Joo-ik answered, matching her frown with a gentle look. He leaned in towards her, his lips brushing against her ear, and Love stiffened when feeling his breath against her skin. "You know, if he wasn't here, I would have joined you, and we could have done whatever we liked. Be patient, and I'll make good on my promise."

Was she losing her touch? Why was she getting so flustered over this one human? Maybe she was going a bit insane after these past few months? But was she going to accept this lying down?