Chapter 18

Grace : 

Kai tried to think of a plan to kill Adrik, but I didn't want to. Instead, I wanted to get to know him better, make him interested in me, and then break him. I didn't want it to be easy for him. I was determined to destroy him and his organization completely, even more than what happened to my mother and me. I was ready to do whatever it took to bring him down, so forming a connection with him meant nothing in the bigger picture.

"Are you sure about this?" Kai asked me, with concern in his voice, as I confided in him.

"Kai, if you think for a moment that I'd allow him an easy way out, you're mistaken. Mum and I suffered, and now it's his turn," I declared, my eyes shining with the unshred tears.

"Please, Grace, be careful. I can't bear to lose you now, you are my family now." Kai said, gently kissing my forehead before he left. As he left, the harsh reality of my loneliness became all too apparent.

The memories of that fateful night wash over me, drowning my senses in a sea of sorrow. I can vividly hear their laughter, my mother's piercing screams, the horrified cries of my brother Kai, and my voice, a desperate plea for it all to stop. The weight of those memories is suffocating, and a sense of panic engulfs me like I'm reliving that horrific moment all over again.

No.no.no.no.

Fuck. You are so tight.

Look at you, bleeding for me.

Slut.

You whore.

The memories haunt me like shadows that won't go away. I scream, throwing a glass nearby, but the voices in my head won't be silenced. It's like that night all over again, no matter how much I plead for them to stop, they keep echoing.

"Please, just stop," I scream in desperation, my hands gripping my hair, and I slide off the bed, falling to my knees.

The pain is unbearable, as I cry out, "No, please."

They are here, they'll hurt me and kill me this time as the unworthy person I am. No one will save me, just like that night. No.

" Go away." I sob, as strong arms encircle me and I try to push them away.

"Go away, please. Don't touch me," I cry, attempting to move away.

"Luna, I won't hurt you. Calm down," Adrik says, gently holding me as I struggle to push him away.

When did he come?

"You will hurt me. You will kill me ruthlessly, like the monster you are," I gasp out, tears streaming down my face as I tremble uncontrollably.

He cups my face forcefully and, with determination in his voice, he utters, "I won't hurt you. You are safe with me. I will vanquish all your demons. Anyone who dares to lay a finger on you will meet their end. Even if someone looks at you with ill intentions, they will face their death. I promise you, Grace, you are my wife, and I will protect you from all harm." As I look into his intense grey eyes, I realize he might seem like a monster, but he's not. In those eyes, I see a man filled with concern, love, and deep care for his wife— for me.

I bury my face in his strong chest as I let it all out. The grief of losing my mum, the suffering and everything. He elopes me in his protective arms lifts me onto his lap and utters soothing words,

" I am sorry," I mumble in his chest, embarrassed to meet his gaze. 

HEY! I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER. THE NEXT CHAPTER HAS MY HEART, I SWEAR TO GOD, JUST WAIT FOR THAT CHAPTER. HE IS LITERALLY THE CUTEST😭😭. HOWEVER, KINDLY SHOW YOUR LOVE TO THIS BOOK AND VOTE AND COMMENT, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THAT KEEPS ME GOING.

I'M KEEPING A TARGET THIS TIME, I REALLY HOPE IT IS COMPLETED. IT IS NOT MUCH, JUST 15 VOTES.

for spoilers follow liya__writes_.

- LIYA ( love you all )