Chapter 58 - Solution

ACE POV

After a relatively small argument between Caleb and I he agreed that I could work for one hour today as long as I took a fucking nap. That side of the deal I didn't mind too much because I was planning on taking a nap before he demanded it from me, so realistically I didn't compromise anything.

One thing we did compromise on was that I wasn't allowed to interrogate (torture) the guy who shot me. We've captured and interrogated him over the time I was shot and in the hospital. Now that I'm out of the hell-hole that is completely white I want to take my revenge.

But since Cal down right shut me down I settled to watch all of the records from previous interrogations my friend and employees had done to come up with my own conclusions.

So for the past 42 minutes I have been doing that. Then I spent 7 minutes researching and the past three minutes leaning back in my seat and staring at the ceiling, thinking through my idea for any holes that might come up.

I like to think through things.

"Cal." I called my friend from across the room.

That was another thing, Caleb insisted on doing his work in my office to make sure I didn't do anything I was supposed to do. It was annoying, so I forced him to sit on the couch in the corner while I sat at my desk on the other side of the room.

In hindsight, I should have made him sit in one of the super uncomfortable chairs since the bastard put his dirty feet up on my nice leather couch.

"Uh-huh?" Caleb said absentmindedly, not even looking up from the typing he was doing.

"Come."

"Do I really have to? I'm kinda—"

"Now."

His eyes rolled in the back of his head — hopefully to get stuck there. Before he huffed and made a huge deal of setting his computer down before trudging over to my desk, his feet dragging the entire way.

"What?" He plopped down on one of the chairs. "Damn, these chairs are uncomfortable as fuck." He whispered to himself.

You're supposed to be sitting on one of them, I thought bitterly.

"Jodee and custody — have a solution." I told him.

Caleb perked up immediately at the thought. "With your dad?" He asked.

"Everything."

Ever since I got shot I've been thinking about two things.

The first being the fucker that shot me, obviously.

The second being finding a real solution to make sure my sister is never taken from me. Fighting in a million court cases is not going to cut it for me. I don't want her growing up with that, two in her lifetime is two too much.

Plus, Caleb told me about what happened with Stephens and my father trying to steal custody from me while I was unconscious. I was extremely appreciative that my best friend handled that situation and it was all gone by now. But that really brought me to my senses.

If something were to happen to me, even though custody should be passed to Caleb — due to my will — it most likely won't. Just because Caleb isn't a close biological relative.

And I wasn't letting my baby sister go back to our father ... or her mother.

So I thought about it and consulted google and now I think I really have something worthwhile.