Chapter 2

Chuuya POV

I lean on the dark marble bench top, in the kitchen, looking out the window. It's clear out and the sky is a beautiful light blue. The sun's rays shine through the window, illuminating a gentle yellow onto the ground tiles below the window sill.

I open the fridge in front of me, searching for something to drink. I'm extremely tired, I was sent on a mission late last night and didn't get back until early morning. Scanning my eyes across the shelves, I notice the stupid whiskey bottle I still have. I don't drink whiskey, it's not mine. It's my ex-partners. I grab it out and throw it into my kitchen bin, which was already full. Now it looked like half the rubbish inside could fall out at any second. I sigh. And then my phone rings. I swear if it's Mori I'm going to fucking-

I pull my phone out of my pocket.

It's Mori.

I answer it. "Yes, boss?"

"How are you Chuuya? You sound tired," Mori asks in a cheerful tone that irritates me.

"Fatigued. Why did you call?"

"Well, I've got another mission for you today, Chuuya-"

I hang up. I'm not doing another mission. I'm too tired for that shit today. I'm about to shove my phone back in my pocket when it rings again. I turn it off. I open the fridge and grab out a bottle of red wine, practically swallowing it all in one go. I was surely going to regret doing so tomorrow morning. Hangovers certainly were not fun; I had had them many times before and they felt like absolute crap.

My phone starts ringing again. For god's sake. Did I not just turn my phone off? I hit accept and put the phone to my ear.

"Yes, boss?"

"I'm glad you finally picked up. You hung up on me, was that not a bit rude?"

"I'm really tired today Mori, I barely got any sleep because of our last mission."

"Understandable. But I assume you want to keep your place in the Port Mafia. I'd suggest showing up today if you do."

"Fine," I mumbled.

"Good. Meet us at the base in an hour."

I hang up. Fuck this. I'm tired. My movements, such as simply walking, are already lacking average coordination skills. I discovered this just then when I went to walk over to and sit down on the couch, as I had already started feeling dizzy. How the hell am I supposed to help complete a mission in this state?! I lazily plopped onto the couch, almost completely missing it.

At this point, I didn't care if I was kicked out of the Port Mafia. Everyday, every mission, was draining. I barely got any sleep. If Mori kicks me out, I don't care. I'm not doing any missions today, I'm too tired, not in the mood, too weak, and, overall, I just want to be by myself today.

I slump back on the couch and close my eyes. They were barely remaining open; my eyelids felt heavy and it feels overly nice to be able to close them. It didn't take long before I soon drifted to sleep.

534 words

(I know this chapter is awfully short, I tried to stretch it out but I didn't want to 'waffle on' too much)