Chapter 5

Chuuya POV

(Hopefully the next chapter will be Dazai's POV)

I lift myself off of the seat, grabbing my bowl and Dazai's, placing them on top of his plate. I grab the plate, with the bowls stacked on top and the chopsticks resting on the plate as well, and carry them over to the kitchen sink, gently putting them in. I turn my head to face Dazai, who's still seated at the dining table. "Dazai".

"Yes, Chuuya?"

"Down the hall, the room on the left. There should be clothes on the bed for you, I washed them today, but never bothered to put them away. Please, for my sake, go take a shower before you make the whole house stink."

Dazai chuckled, taking off down the hallway.

"Oh, and Dazai, please don't use all the hot water." I was trusting him to take a shower before me. One of the dumbest decisions I ever made.

I inserted the plug into the sink in front of me, turning the tap on, letting the hot water fill the sink. I bend down, opening the cupboard under the sink, pulling out the dish soap and pouring some into the water. I put the bottle back and close the cupboard. I grab the dish brush and start scrubbing the plate and bowls, drying them once they're done.

It didn't take me long to do the dishes, but the average person would've been able to shower in that time, so why could I still hear the water running? I untie my apron, which I still had on, and throw it onto the bench.

"Dazai, hurry up and get out of the shower!" I yell from the kitchen. I waited a moment, expecting a response, but not receiving one. "Dazai!"

I stormed over to the bathroom, standing outside. It was suddenly becoming awfully hot just standing here. Then I saw slight steam coming out from under the bathroom door. "Fucking hell! How much hot water do you use?!" I yelled, furious, still standing in the heat.

"I'm almost done Chibi!" He soon turns off the shower, and within a few minutes, he opens the door. Looking behind him, I see the mirror completely fogged up. I was going to be having a very cold shower.

"Finally." I roll my eyes. Looking up at the man in front of me, I see that my clothes actually fit him. They were loosely fitting around my body, but it still comes as a bit of a surprise.

I turn around, heading into my room. I open the cupboard and grab out a set of plain clothes. I take them with me into the bathroom, closing the door and locking it behind me. I place my clothes down beside the sink and stare at the entirely fogged mirror, sighing. Shitty Dazai. I cough, feeling something catch in my throat, making me choke slightly. Please don't tell me I'm getting sick. I cough again, something still blocking my throat. Fuck.

____________

While I was showering I felt fine. Yet, now I'm leaning over the sink, coughing continuously. I had already missed a day of work, and, no matter how bad my condition, Mori wouldn't let me take another day off. My throat feels dry from coughing, and my breathing is unstable due to the thing blocking my airways a bit. Finally, I'm able to cough it up as I feel something slide out of my mouth and down the drain. Something red. Blood? No, blood is way too thin to be able to block my airways. Maybe some food had gotten stuck in my throat. Maybe I'm not sick at all. Even if I am unwell, I should feel better in the morning. It'll clear up, right?

(612 words)