Chapter 7

Chuuya POV

(Back to Chuuya again lmao-this fanfiction is probably mainly going to include Chuuya's POV, but I will make sure to include Dazai's as well)

The sun, through the window, casted a faint orange glow on my face, waking me. I opened my eyes slowly and lifted my hand to rub them, sitting up, before stretching my arms and yawning. I was so tired from having got little sleep last night, I couldn't stop coughing. I must've been getting sick, I probably caught it from Dazai or something.

I throw the sheets off of me and get up, knowing my hair would be a mess and I probably look like shit. My throat was dry and sore, and my lack of water recently didn't help, knowing I hadn't drank anything since a few hours before I went to bed. Probably not a good idea when you have a cough. I left my bedroom to check on Dazai, who was still asleep when I found him sprawled on the couch in the living room. It was still pretty early in the morning, around 7 o'clock, I think, so I decided not to wake him. Besides, he looked somewhat...peaceful. He was so much less annoying when he was asleep.

I cough, making my way into the kitchen for a cup of coffee. Coffee wasn't really my thing, but I was so tired, and I may even have to put up with Dazai for the day. I owned an espresso machine, espresso being the only type of coffee I ever did drink, though I rarely used it. I grabbed a coffee cup from the cupboard and turned on the espresso machine. I placed the cup under the portafilter. I just have to wait about 15 minutes for the machine to preheat, it had automatically started heating when I turned it on.

I make my way back into the lounge room to see Dazai stirring. He opens his eyes slightly and yawns. He sits up, the light coloured blanket still covering his legs. "Chibi!" He says, overly enthusiastic for someone who just woke up.

"Morning."

"You kept me awake last night!" I barely got any sleep because Chibi kept coughing~" Dazai huffs. "It better not be contagious."

"I probably caught it from you."

"I'm not sick!"

I cough again. Something catches in my throat, like what happened last night. It feels uncomfortable, so I keep coughing until my throat aches. Until it finally comes out. I catch it in my hand, and I can feel Dazai's eyes watching mine as mine widen in disbelief and shock. What the hell?

It was red, like the thing that came out of my mouth last night, but it wasn't blood. It wasn't liquid and it didn't look like food. It looked like a petal. A rose petal.

I don't realise at first, but Dazai is standing beside me, staring at my hands cupping the petal, the only expression on his face being confusion. "D-did you just cough up...that?"

I nod. I don't understand at all.

"What the hell?" I hear Dazai mutter beside me, leaning closer to see the petal more clearly. There's no mistaking it though, it's a rose petal.

"Exactly my thoughts. It happened last night as well, do you have an explanation?"

"No, I don't have a clue."

"Guess you're not as much of a genius as everyone says you are."

"You're wrong, because even if I can't explain it, I know two people who might be able to help."

I roll my eyes. "If you're thinking about your Armed Detective Agency friends, then weren't you kicked out? And why would they want to help a member of the Port Mafia."

"For something as strange as this, I'm sure they'll make an exception. And Dr. Yosano would be exceptionally glad to be able to treat a patient, no matter who they are."

"Fine then. Shower, get changed and whatever, then we'll go."

"Okay!"

636 words