Chapter seven

After my second song I refused to sing again until some other people did, this made many people jump at the opportunity to sing a song they want such as; Jill singing build me up buttercup, Leah singing stand by me (with a lot of persuasion and a promise that I would sing her favourite song), Beth singing Dancing queen by ABBA, Keira managed to convince Lucy to sing with her and others singing songs before I sang a few. Overall I would say that Millie and Rachel planned an awesome team bonding night, everyone agreeing.

I headed to bed this time with Leah and Georgia, now feeling like I am closer with many of the girls, especially the ones closer to me in age, like Ella and Alessia. I fell asleep pretty quickly, sleeping snuggled up to Leah's side, not knowing what was to come the next day.

Training was a bit lighter today with the game being tomorrow, Sarina didn't want to risk any of us getting injured before the game. Although we did play two, 7 aside games against each other. My team won all of our games obviously.

After training Sarina said we could do whatever we wanted, as long as it wasn't dangerous, before travelling to Middelsbrough for tomorrow.

Everyone collectively decided that we would go in the chill room for an hour before going to the pool for a bit of fun. John, one of the staff members, walks into the room and knocks on the door to get everyone to listen as we were being quite noisy.

"Rosie, Sarina wants to speak to you" He says smiling in my direction, as he spots where I am.

"Okay" I say, getting up, nervous about what she wants to talk to me about. Is she kicking me off the team? Does she think I'm not good enough? I didn't do anything wrong did I? I don't think so. As I approach Sarina's office my heart starts to pound harder, thinking of all the things I could have possibly done wrong.

Knock, knock

"Come in," she says, almost immediately, well she was expecting me after all ",hi Rosie take a seat" she says to me as I walk through the door. Thankfully she doesn't notice my panic stricken face as I sit on the chair on the other side of her desk.

"Hi"

"So, Rosie, I wanted to know how you would feel about playing in tomorrow's game."

"Really?" I am shocked at what has just come out of her mouth. She wants me to play for the first time in an England shirt at the age of 15, at my first ever camp?

"Yes Rosie, you have been exceptional from what i have seen, I would love to have you play in tomorrow's game if you would like."

"Yes please, I would love that"

"OK then it's final, you won't be starting but depending on how the game is going, I will probably bring you on at half-time if that's alright with you," I don't say anything, and just leap out of the chair and run around the desk wrapping my arms around the older woman. She lets out a shocked gasp, however doesn't let me, let go holding onto me for a minute or two. ",now you go and tell everyone, I know that's what you want to do"

"Thank you, thank you, thank you" I say jumping up and running out of the room. Making it to the chill room in record time, throwing the door open. Everyone looks at me as I stand there catching my breath.

"Sarina wants me to play tomorrow" I say, not being able to hold it in anymore.

"Heyy, go you Roro" Beth says as she walks over to me pulling me into a hug. Eventually I feel another pair of arms wrap around us, and before I know it I'm in the middle of my first ever England group hug.