21

mandi and scott walked into the vet clinic the next day they were supposed to meet derek and deaton there so they could go over the plan. but scott stopped short seeing issac.
"whats he doing here?"
"i need him." derek says simply
"well i dont trust him." scott says and mandi rolls her eyes. "and he doesnt trust you either." issac shoots back.
"and derek really doesnt care." derek says annoyed. "and wheres the vet is he coming."
"that depends are we saving jackson or killing him?"
"saving."
"killing."
scotts head snaps to derek "we're saving him." derek doesnt say anything. so scott turns to deaton, "saving him."
mandi pushes past scott and going to stand in the corner of the exam room.
mandi watches as deaton goes over the plan. for some reason her eyes kept straying to derek she'd quickly looked away everytime, but her eyes always found its ways back to him.
after deaton finished derek and issac left and scott said he needed to ask deaton a few questions so mandi left and went home.

-----

mandi was in her room cleaning when derek came in. she didnt notice him until she turned around. "Derek if you continue doing that i will shove wolvesbane down your throaght." "where are you going to get wolvesbane mandi?" "i dont know somewhere. why are you here?" "well we're all on the same side now." "that doesnt tell me why youre in my bedroom." "did deaton confirm it?" derek asks.
mandi sighs and moves to sit on her bed. "he said that given what signs ive shown thats the only thing i could be." "did he tell you how to control it." "no. i think after we deal with jackson ill go back and learn how to control it but he said its somewhat like werewolves so maybe ill learn to control it similarly to how scott did." "mhm maybe." "can you sit its bothering me that youre just standing in the middle of my room."
mandi can see a ghost of a smile on dereks face.
"erica hates you by the way." he says sitting down next to her on the bed. "yea the feelings mutual." derek and mandi fall into silence, its not exactly comfortable but its not uncomfortable either. mandi looks over at derek only to seem him already looking. she finds herself deeply investigating everydetail of his face while he finds himself entranced by her.
mandi didnt know what happend or how it happened but she founnd her lips on his and his hand on the side of her face. what the hell was she doing hes a murderous werewolf you dont make out with murderous werewolves no matter how hot they are. but she did. derek diesnt know why he did it but he did and he fears it a mistake.
they both pull away and go to talk but derek talks first.
"this never happened."
"condider it forgotten." mandi says with a bit of realief she wasnt sure kissing him was the right thing to do.

----

"ketamine?" scott asks deaton as everyone stood in the vet.
"the stuff we use on dogs but a higher dose. if you get close enough to Jackson this should slow him down. as for the barrier stiles this part is for you. you only."
"thats alot of pressure uh can mandi do it shes better with pressure."
deaton explains what mountain ash is and how it creates a barrier for supernatural creatures and how stiles needs to use it. which mandi probably shouldve been listening to but she could feel someones eyes on her but everytime she looked over no one was there. she shrugged it off and tried to listen to deaton.

----

"hey cant talk gotta run." stiles says to his dad as he and mandi are about to get in the jeep. their dad doesnt say anything just continues to walk inside. mandi notices that somethings up. "hey wait, wait, wait, whats wrong?" "nothing." her dad says. "wheres your gun?" stiles asks. "i left it at the station along with my badge." "what." "its alright we'll talk about this later."
"dad" mandi says making him look at his daughter, "dont worry about it." he says to her turning away.
"dad!" stiles and mandi say at the same time. their dad sighs and turns to them.
"it was decided that the children of a police chief stealing police property and having a restraining order filed against them by one of the towns most respected attorneys did not reflect well on the county." mandi could see how stiles mood imeditly fell even more when their dad said children she knew he was blaming himself. she knew because she was doing the same thing.
"they fired you?" stiles asks
"no. look its just a leave of absence. its temporary" their dad dissmisses "did they say that or......" "actually no. you know its fine dont worry about. hey. we're going to be fine." mr stilinski begins to walk inside again.
"dad. i dont get it. why arent you angry at us?"
"i dont know. maybe i dont want feel worse than i already do by having to yell at my kids." mr stilinski says before walking inside and closing the garage door behimd him.
mandi can feel the welling up in her eyes. stiles mumbles something but she doesnt acknowledge it.

*tw mentions of attempted suicide."

mandi sits in the passenger seat with her legs against her chest and her chin resting on her knees. she feels horrible, she was supposed to help her dad not cause more problems and issues yet she continuously does the latter.
"mandi its not your fault. if i had just let everything be and not gone into the woods with scott that night this wouldnt have happened." "it doesnt matter i stayed in beacon hills to help dad and now hes lost his job because of me." "mandi." "ive been a shit daughter stiles. when mom got sick she made me promise that if she died id step up id help take car of you and dad. that id help in general. but i havent." "yes you did mandi youve helped me." "okay but all ibe done wrong cancels all that out so in reality what have i done except be a problem for dad." "mandi your not a problem. no ome thinks that. i dont dad doesnt. what happened wasnt your fault." "maybe not this time but last-" "that is not your fault either okay? he took time off willingly then." "yea to help me because i have a fucked mind. because i tried to kill myself." "amanda noelle stilinski. none of this is your fault so shut up." "did you have to drop my full name?" "yes."

a/n
okay so it was kinda hinted at in the first chapter when sheriff asked if mandi would be okay at home by herself all day when school started.