31

a/n: when mandis on call italics are allison talking and  underlined italics is lydia talking.

"why the fuck would he do that lydia?" "cause he wanted to keep you safe like he said." "in our world theres no keeping anyone safe." "yea i know but- oh hold allisons calling im going to add her to our call." "hey lydia mandi." "hey allison." "what do you need." "dont mind mandi she upset about derek." "ugh mandi please tell me you are not attracted to a murderous werewolf" "i- cant tell you that cause then id be lying." "yes! the first step of getting over someone is awareness" "i dont wabt to get over him lydia i just wnat him to not be a fucking idiot." "wait im confused" "derek bailed on mandi and his make out sesh because he doesnt want her getting hurt or something mandi wont tell me the full story." "its not my business to tell you wanna know ask derek and while your at it tell him to fucking get his ass back over here." "okay mandi calm dowm." "i hate men i think im going to switch gears women are hot and dont do this to you." "uh no cause allison did it to scott" "fuck you lydia." "i mean shes not wrong." "okay fuck both of you goodnight." "night" "night."
after mandi got off the phone with allison and lydia she decided it would be best to go to bed. so while she was in her bed asleep. derek was in his loft punching the wall.
"youve done that 5 times now derek please tell me what you did to fuck up because you were pretty much fine when you left." "nothing i did nothing." "okay-" "thats the problem i like mandi and we're kissing but instead of anything happening between us i stop it and tell her we can because i want to protect. which is true because i know that if something happened between us deucalion would paint a giant target on her back and i cant have her getting hurt more than she already has becaous of me." derek punches the wall a sixth time. "okay so you want to protect her deal with deucalion and then fix things with mandi."

--------

mandi sat in the backseat of the car while allison and lydia discussed if allision was getting to close to the bus but mandi wasnt paying attetion her mind just kept replaying the events from the past few days.

"i know were they are." scott says he and mandi walk into dereks loft. "the same building as the argents we know." derek says looking up from the table him peter cir and boyd we're standing around but avoiding mandis gaze. "cora and i followed the twins." boyd says to scott. "then they want you to know." "or more likely they dont care." "what is this." mandi asks pointing to the table filled with blueprints and ither sheets. "isnt it obvious the schemers are scheming coming up with a coup de main better known as a pre-emptive strike." "your going after them?" scott asks derek who was still avoiding mandis persistent gaze. "tomorrow. and youre gonna help us." derek says still not looking at mandi who rolls her eyes. "super demanding derek but remember no one really has to listen to you." she says annoyed. "ha! youve made her mad." peter remarks.

"their one floor above them in the penthouse, right above allisons." "so kill them first thats the plan?" "they wont even see it coming." boyd says to scott "why is the default plan always murder." "because derek and his uncle are murderers." mandi says and peter laughs genuinely enjoying the fact that mandi was mad at his nephew. "just once can someon try to come up with something that doesn't involve killing everyone." "you threatened to kill your fair share of people" derek says to mandi while peter calls scott blandly moral. "yea keyword threatened. i never actually went through on it like someone i know." mandi shoots back at derek before peter turns to derek, "not that i disagree with scott." "i do why do we need this kid." cora asks her brother who says. "this kid helped save your life. and you know we cant just sit back and wait for them to make the first move." "we cant beat a pack of alphas." "thats we're going after deucalion. just him" mandi scoffs "thats a fucking sucide mission im out." "the plans being sucidal never stopped you before. whats changed." "your right i just dont want to work with you derek."
"look if you cut the head off the snake the body dies." boyd says interupting mandi and derek. "only this isnt a snake its a hydra and like scott says they're all alphas." "deucalions still the leader." "well lets hope so cause you know what happend when Hercules cut of one of the heads of the hudra?" "two more grew back in its place." scott answers. "somebodys been doing their summer reading." "look you can all be your own version the dumbass Hercules but im not cutting or helping anyone cut off a head of the hydra."