CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"The Party"

Mrs. Ri is always at Seri's side. Jeong Hyeok saw his grandmother laughing and giggles like that for the first time. Seri makes some jokes and his Halmeoni laughing with her friend Cheon Seok. "So tell me, where did you met?" Mrs. Ri asked the two.

"At the resorts"
"At the cafe"

They had different answer. Mrs. Ri and Cheon Seok exchange their glances. Seri let out a small laugh. "Aigoo... Babe... Have you forgot already? We met at the cafe near at your Resort... Yah! I didn't forget that day... Because you mesmerized by my beauty and you couldn't take off your eyes from me." Seri lied and she gently punch his on his shoulder with her puppy eye. Jeong Hyeok got shocked and control his laughter. Mrs. Ri and Cheon Seok are both laughing. "Yah! So my Jeong Hyeok is really into you, Seri.." Mrs. Ri said. "Aniyo!" He said. Seri gave him a death glared with a smile on her eyes. "Babe... Don't be shy... Just admit it... Why you need to hide it from Halmeoni..." Seri said. Jeong Hyeok look at her. Mrs. Ri look at to Jeong Hyeok and waiting for his response. "Ah yeah... I fall deeply inlove with her, Halmeoni.." He said. Seri try not to laugh. "I think you really like each other... Why don't we talk about your engagement... What do you think?" Mrs. Ri said.

They both choked on what they heard. "Are you two okay?" Cheon Seok said. Seri and Jeong Hyeok exchange their glances as they nodded. "Halmeoni... We didn't talk about it..." Jeong Hyeok said. Mrs. Ri look at him with confusion. "Why?" She asked. Seri smile and hold Mrs. Ri's hand. "Halmeoni... We want to enjoy our relationship being boyfriend and girlfriend... We want to take it slow for now..." Seri said. Mrs. Ri smile and hold her hand. "Yoon Seri... Did you know how you made me happy tonight? I couldn't believe that I'll see you here.." Mrs. Ri said. Seri let out a genuine smile.

The Emcee called Mrs. Ri for her short speech. Mrs. Ri stood up and walk towards the stage. Jeong Hyeok seated next to Seri. "I bet Halmeoni is really like you." He whispered. Seri let out a small smile. "She's kind, Jeong Hyeok
That's why I felt guilty...." She said. Jeong Hyeok look at her. "Even me... I didn't want this but I need to.." He said. "Don't worry I'll understand... You don't need to explain. I told you, we're on the same boat." She said. Jeong Hyeok smile.

"Everyone... I'll like you to meet my grandson and future CEO of Ri Seoul Resort Mr. Ri Jeong Hyeok and his pretty girlfriend, Ms. Yoon Seri .." Mrs. Ri called them. Seri and Jeong Hyeok didn't expect this and they both got surprised when Mrs. Ri announced their relationship. "Eottoke!? What will we do, Jeong Hyeok?"Seri whispered. Jeong Hyeok couldn't speak. "I didn't expect this.." He replied. "Jeong Hyeok and Seri please join me here.." Mrs. Ri said and look at them as she's smiling. Jeong Hyeok stood up and held Seri's hand. Seri's heart beat so fast but she try to hide it behind her beautiful smile. Jeong Hyeok hold her hand tightly and they both feel the unknown connections they felt earlier. They both trying to ignored it as they went up to the stage. Mrs. Ri look at them as she was smiling. The crowd applause for the both of them and Seri let out a force smile. She feel that her whole body is shivering and cold. Jeong Hyeok feel her hand is cold as ice and look at her.  "Are you okay?" He whispered. "I don't use to this. There's so many camera flashes infront of us... That's what makes me more anxious.." She whispered.

"Yoon Seri!" Mr. Yoon said when he saw his daughter on the stage. Seri met her father's eyes. "Oh? Appa?!" She said. She couldn't believe that she will see her father tonight. If her father will know about their agreement, she will be the biggest disappointment to him that's why she get so anxious this time. The crowd are all whispering, knowing that Seri is Chairman Yoon's daughter and Jeong Hyeok notice that so many camera focus on them. He saw Seri got shocked and she didn't use on this, being on the spot light. He cover his body for her. "Let's go down..." He whispered and they eyes met. He pull Seri down to the stage but because she saw her father, her knees suddenly weaken and when her feet landed on the ground her ankle got sprained and   she accidentally fall on Jeong Hyeok chest. "Ouch!" She said when she felt her ankle hurting. "Are you okay?" Jeong Hyeok asked. And his eyes got widen when he saw her ankle swelling. "I can walk don't worry..." She whispered. She try to walk and she try to hide the pain in every step she made but Jeong Hyeok notice it. "No, You can't..." He said. He immediately carry her with his arms. "Jeong Hyeok... Put me down... We got their attention and I don't like it." She whispered. Jeong Hyeok ignored him and continue to walk upstairs.