CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"Something that they didn't expect"

Side story

Jeong Hyeok park his car at the Han River so that Him and Seri could talk. They both remain silent in a couple of minutes. "I couldn't believe that we try to run away in that arrange Marriage and now, we both here... Seated next to each other." Jeong Hyeok said as he started a conversation. Seri let out a small smile. "Me too... It's very shocking to me... What a small world, Jeong Hyeok... We manage to escape but we ended up in this kind of situation." Seri said. "Honestly, I don't know how will I look at you... I felt embarrassed, because I tried to run away but look, I'm here... Playing a fake girlfriend of yours." Seri said and letbout an awkward smile. Jeong Hyeok look at the view outside. "We're on the same boat, Seri... That's what I exactly feel right now." He said. Seri chuckled. "We're funny, right?" She said. Jeong Hyeok let out a small laugh.

"What will we do?" She asked. "Halmeoni really like you, Seri... Eversince before we met. That's why it makes me hard to confess to her, I'm sorry..." He said. Seri nodded. "Me too, it's hard for me to tell my father the truth.... If he will know about this agreement of ours, I'll be the biggest disappointment of him... And I don't want it." Seri said. She look at him. "What if they will go push that marriage between us, how we will handle it?" She asked. Jeong Hyeok got more worried to her than to himself. "If that's will happened, will you okay with it?" He asked. Seri didn't speak but there's a feeling of her inside that she's comfortable with it. "You ask yourself,  Hyeoky... It seems when that happened your life will get more complicated than mine. But I think, to prevent that there's someone will get hurt in the future... Much better if you  tell this to your girlfriend or.. let's stop this pretending games." Seri said. Jeong Hyeok look at her. She has a point but he didn't know why he felt sad when he heard her last option. "It's up to you, Jeong Hyeok... You started this and I think you're the one who better end it." She said and avoid his eyes.

She gave this option not because she wanted to run away from their agreement but because she started to  feel something different from her and she need to cut it out before she get hurt or there's someone will get hurt because of her. It's a strange for her that she'll feel comfortable with him even she learned that he's the one that  she didn't want to marry.  She started to be comfortable with his presence and used to it. For now, Seri got confused why she's acting strange these days.

"Am I be greedy, if I going to ask you let's continue to our agreement?" He asked. Jeong Hyeok put a lot of courage to asked it, thanks to the alcohol he took earlier. Seri gulped and her heart beating so fast when she heard it. "If that's the case, I'm going to use you too... To be my fake husband, Jeong Hyeok..." She said and look at his eyes.

💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘💘

Present day

Seri's alarm wake her up. Her head hurts Because she couldn't sleep last night because of her conversation with Jeong Hyeok. She let out a deep sigh as she seated up with her messy hair. "god, Yoon Seri! Did I need to remind you the rules that you made?..." She said as she hit her head. "Ouch!" She said.

Meanwhile, Jeong Hyeok keep running at the park near at his apartment as he trying to forget what he's been said to Seri that night. 'whats up with you, Jeong Hyeok... Why I sudden feel afraid that she'll back out... Did I need to remind you your rules you made?...' In his mind. He stop from his run when his phone suddenly beep. He check the message and saw Dan's name.

"Jeong Hyeok.... Good morning... What are you doing?? Let's have video call on your lunch time... I'll call you.."

From: Dan