tulips

today was your 3rd anniversary being with Shawn, you have been dating for about 3 years now and it's been quite a bumpy road, but you two continue to love each other anyways. he had called you earlier in the morning to tell you that he had something planned for your special day and you were really excited. you were always an impatient person and surprises just weren't your thing, but you ended up waiting. currently, you were sitting on your couch, waiting for Shawn to pick you up to go on your date.

tonight, what you were wearing was a knee-length Tiffany blue dress with a sweetheart neckline, white pumps and a silver necklace with a heart chain attached, which Shawn had given to you on your last anniversary with him. you always remembered to carefully treasure it and wear it to every date you both went on. after scrolling on Instagram for what seemed like hours, you finally heard a doorbell ring. you got up from the couch and instantly "walked" to the front door, quickly opening the door to see Shawn standing on your porch.

he looked so... so.... handsome. he was dressed up very nicely. he wore a black sweatshirt along with black jeans and black vans, his quiff looking disheveled like usual, but still beautiful. in his hands held a bouquet of tulips, which he held shyly before seeing you, which he eyed you up and down.

"woah" i heard shawn say while biting his lip. he knew how much that turned me on. "are you ready to go on our date?" he asked in a British accent. i giggled and took his arm while walking to his jeep. he ran to the other side to open the door for me. he was such a gentlemen.

{A/N: okay you guys are probably confused. ik Shawn took the doors out of his jeep but let's just pretend he never took out the doors 😂}

the whole car ride was absolutely silent. but it wasn't a bad silent, it wasn't awkward, but it somewhat felt peaceful. we finally reached a park. shawn reached his hand to the backseat to grab a picnic basket. he rushed out of the car to go to the passenger side of the door to open it for me. as i stepped out, i saw beautiful strings of lights stringed from tree to tree. it was breath taking considering that Shawn did this all for me. a few Polaroid pictures were connected to a few lights that were stringed to the tree. each picture held a memory that we shared together.

"There are about 36 pictures held on each string of light because there are 12 months in a year and we have been together for 3 years"

"Wow I still can't believe you did this all for me!" I said my voice starting to crack up

"Baby girl, please don't cry. I have a few more surprises for you" I held back my tears and Shawn began to unpack items that were placed in the picnic basket.

he laid out a red blanket on the soft green grass. he then started placing some food on top of the blanket. when we were done eating, he picked up the tulips that i laid down on the blanket and gently handed them to me. he slowly went down on his knees while holding my right hand.

"I fell in love with you the day I saw you. It was at a party. You inspired me to write a song about you because baby you are the life of the party. You complete me in every single way. I want to share every moment of my life with you , I will take care of you and I will never make you cry (Y/N begins to cry). I promise that you will never be alone, I promise to be with you for life" he gently let go of my hand and started taking out a velvet red box out of his jean pocket, opening the box to reveal a big gorgeous diamond ring.

"So Y/N, will you marry me?" by now tears were streaming down my face, probably ruining my makeup. while my other hand covering my mouth. i tried saying yes but my emotions took over me that all i managed to do was nod my head. shawn took the shimmering diamond ring out of the velvet red box and put it on my ring finger.

he picked me up and spun me around. he soon put me down and pulled me in to a passionate kiss.

"I love you so much Mrs. Soon to be Mendes"