💀🇲🇽Dia De Los Muertos Special 🇲🇽💀[edited]

Yn pov
I finished baking the last batch of ban de los muertos. I set them out and cleaned the kitchen. Papa came in and took the last batch outside to the alters. I put my apron up and went to finish the alter. My table was already set in my backyard. I put a white table cloth over the table. I set the photos of our family members on the alter along with flowers.

(Something like this but has your family members favorite food)I put my grandmother and grandfather from both my mom and dad's side ontop

I put my grandmother and grandfather from both my mom and dad's side ontop. I was never able to meet them but I'll always remember storys from my parents. I checked my watch to see that my family is almost here. I stepped back and admired it.

I hope they like it.

Lo hiciste bien, estarán orgullosos (You did good, they'll be proud)

I smile and went inside to finish getting ready. I went into room and picked out my dress and put it on.

I put on short heels and went downstairs once I heard talking

I put on short heels and went downstairs once I heard talking. I greeted everyone, I hugged and kissed them on the cheek. I guided them outside into the yard. I heard them gasp as they saw how lit up the yard was with candles.

My mom got my hand and squeezed it softly,"Te quedo hermoso ( You made it so beautiful)", "Gracias ma (thanks mom)"

I heard a knock on the door," I'll get it"

I opened the door to see Kaito and his family.

"Welcome"

His little sister ran up to me and hugged me," Hey, Emi,, your getting even prettier than when I last saw you", she giggles. I than carefully hug his mom, so I don't accidentally disturb her pregnant belly. I than hug his dad than I hugged Kaito.

"Thank you for coming"

His mom smiles," Thank you for inviting us"

"No problem. Did you bring your photo"

She nods and gives me a picture of her mother.

"Thank you, I'll put on right away"

I guide them to the yard, Kaito then goes next to me.

"Are you sure this is okay"

"Of course, we're as close as family and your family should be as rembered as much as my family no matter our relation"

"Thanks for doing this for my mom"

"It's the least I can do for your grandmother, I never got to say goodbye", I say sadly.

He gives me a hug and smiles as me softly. I thank him and put her photo on the alter once we got there.

I heard his family gasp in admiration and his mother started tearing up. I carefully hugged her," Thank you"" Everyone deserves to be remembered"

Everyone gathered around the alter and pointed out each of my family members. I let her go and go infront of the alter.

I smile sadly," Theres one more photo that needs to be placed"

Everyone look at me with curiosity. I took out a picture frame and put it down. My mother gasped at what she saw. My little brother's ultrasound picture.

" May we wish everyone on this alter a save voyage"

Everyone cheered and clapped.

¿Notaste algo en el altar?

¿Qué? (What)

Mira más cerca (Look closer)

I heard her gasp

¿Ese soy yo? (Is that me?)

¿Cómo? (How?)

Yo tengo mis maneras (I have my ways)

I felt her hug me

Gracias,mija(Thank you)

De nada ( your welcome)

¿y el idiota? (And the idiot?)

¿Que? (What?)

e

l enano ( The shortie)

Oh, you mean Chucky. His is over there

She rolls her eyes

el no se merece uno (He doesn't deserve one), she grumbles

I shake my head at her amused.

I set down my teddy bear that I sewed up that doesn't have full stuffing so it's slouching but it is fixed right next to their ultrasound photo.

I walked towards my mom and hugged her as we all bowed our heads and prayed. I felt several new presences around us . I smiled softly as I heard baby laughter.

Everyone opened their eyes and wiped their eyes.

May they know now that they will never be forgotten