Prologue

2014

I'm seventy-six years old. Who knows how much longer I've got? I don't like to dwell on death or anything too far into the future. I live my life in the present and I live it doing any and every fucking thing I want to do. The older I get, my excuse is that I am not responsible for any actions that might appear to be out of character.

A while ago I met a nice woman named Tremaine Washington. She lives somewhere down in the south. A gorgeous black with a nice smile. She and I met during this radio show. She seemed to know my history in football and film. I finally got to meet her in person at a convention and it was pretty interesting. For a middle-aged lady, she seems alright.

Tremaine recently informed me that I have a young fan who is 'crazy' about me. Tremaine is fucking forty-two. Hell, she's young enough to be my daughter. This young gal is a nineteen-year-old college student who is getting into older black films or what these assholes now call blaxploitation films. I'm not saying I doubt Tremaine, but I don't believe anyone that young could ever truly be interested in me or any movies from back yonder.

"Frank, I'm going out with the girls for lunch. Do you want me to bring you anything?" Lynette asks.

"I'm good, dear. You have a good time and give them my hellos..." I kiss her cheek.

I pour myself a big cup of coffee and head to my office. My little puppy, Gizmo, follows me and then hops up onto my lap. I then power on my PC and look through my email. Sure enough, I see an email from the alleged young fan girl whose name is Anna. My palms start to sweat and my breath becomes heavier as I contemplate whether or not I should open the email. Suddenly, Gizmo stands up on my lap and places his paw on the enter button on the keyboard and the email opens up.

Hello, Mr Frank The Slammer Richardson,

First of all, thank you so much for everything you have done and still are doing for the black community. If it weren't for you and others like you, we younger sisters and brothers wouldn't be able to do what we do and have what we have today.

My family and I are very big fans of you and your films. I was always curious about Blaxploitation movies. My family would mention you, Pam Grier, Jim Brown, Jim Kelly and so many others but at that time, my mom wouldn't allow me to watch those films. (Lord Almighty I see why now) I am nineteen now and understand that seeing an attractive naked black man can do some crazy things to a young girl.

The first Blaxploitation movie I saw was Three The Hard Way. Now, I knew who Jim Brown and Jim Kelly were but I didn't know who you were. I then started my journey into your rabbit hole of films. The second movie I saw (also the movie that turned me out and funked my eyes) was your film, Godfather of Harlem. My God! Black Caesar aka Tommy Gibbs... Jesus H Christ! WHAT A MOVIE! When I saw you walking/limping at the beginning of the movie, I melted. You were and still are the most handsome, sexy, magnificent, stunning man I have ever seen.

After catching up with all of your older films, my fiancé told me about another one of your recent films, Original Gangstas. I love that movie! Honestly, the movie was set in how my town is even to this day. You, Pam Grier, Jim Brown, Richard Roundtree, and Ron O'Neal were still kicking ass and looking good while doing it.

I heard you were trying to get funding for a sequel to Original Gangstas. I want you to know you can do it! You have so many loyal fans who would do anything to help you out. I am one of them. Your works are amazing and I look forward to seeing the sequel to Original Gangstas and so many more of your works, with you in them.

My good friend Tremaine Washington who is also a huge fan of yours told me you will be down in Florida in August. My plan this summer was to go to Florida to see my older sister but I cannot due to me being a full-time college student and my money is tight. Plus I live in a shitty backward town in Ohio. I would love to meet you one day Mr. Richardson. I'm always jiving saying if I ever were to meet you, I would be alright but I know I will probably pass out. You are just too much man for us ladies!

I hope you get this!

From Your Funky Fan,

Anna Jenkins

"HOLY SHIT!" I gasp

In all my years, I've never in my life received anything like that from anyone. This girl is absolutely insane and I think I like her already! Let's just hope she doesn't lose herself in the moment. Tremaine certainly has changed. I know it's partly to do with how my wife can be. It seems the wife is territorial of me when it comes to young thangs.

I do find it so strange that this nineteen-year-old sounds just as old as Tremaine is. I have a feeling this is going to be one hell of a ride...