Chapter 9: Boys Will Be Boys...

Oakland, California

August 1962

IT"S A BOY!! Jesus... I can't believe I have two sons now. Freddie Richardson is finally here. A healthy eight-pound boy who takes after his father. I couldn't be any more proud. Heather and I have still been quite distant. I know she suspects that something happened between Anna and me since she up and quit a few months back. Thankfully, Heather hasn't pressed me about it. I need to talk to her soon before it's too late.

"Heather, can I talk to you while they are both napping?" I ask.

"Sure, honey." Heather smiles. "Teresa, could you keep an eye on the boys while Frank and I go to his office?"

"Sure, Mrs. Richardson."

Teresa... Fucking big titty Teresa... She is a nice girl but she has such a snobby attitude. Most white gals from Fresno or Riverside do. They are no different than midwestern or southern white girls. Heather has no worries about me ever dealing with the new sitter. That girl acts like she already has something huge stuck up her ass.

"Thank you, dear." Heather smiles at Teresa.

Heather and I walk into the office and shut the door behind us. She sits at my desk while I sit on the ledge.

"What's on your mind, Boss." She questions playfully.

"Well... I want to be frank with you. Lately, we haven't been real with each other."

"What do you mean?" she asks. "I'm as real as I can be. You do realize, we just had another child--"

"Cut the bullshit, Heather!" I snap. "You know what I mean!"

"Are you mad that I can suck you off or be at your beck and call twenty-four-seven?" She laughs.

"No! Shut up! Just, shut the fuck up and let me speak!" I demand. "I'm trying to be real with you and fix this marriage!"

Heather crosses her arms and sits back in her chair.

"Months ago, you said something regarding how many people I've stepped out on you with," I sigh.

"Yeah. I'm guessing twenty from how you've been acting," She rolls her eyes. "It proves you can be a model and your husband still not be satisfied with you..."

I glare at her and she stops speaking.

"I need to be honest with you. Mary wasn't the only one nor the first girl I slept with out here." I clear my throat.

"Okay." She sternly states. "So?"

"When I went shopping for our second car, I encountered a young black girl named Juanita. I witnessed her being discriminated against at her job and I pleasured her in the sales office."

"Pleasured?" She questioned.

"I went down on her..."

Heather exhales harshly and her face turns red but she motions for me to continue.

"I pleasured Mary in her car during that time as well." I drop my head. "And after I had gotten Mary pregnant, I had sex with her new roommate a few times. There were a few cheerleaders that gave me head a few times, but that's as far as we went. Anna and I-"

"STOP IT! I'VE HEARD ENOUGH FRANK!"

"I'm sorry, honey..." I sob.

"Jesus Christ FRANK!" Heather exclaims. Are you a fucking nympho? What is wrong with you?"

"I don't know." I cry. "I just wanted to tell you the truth! I want you to trust me again!"

"How could I love or let alone trust someone who doesn't love me?" Heather sobs.