Chapter 4

LUCAS (POV)

The dark forest,

The crying guy,

The screaming;

The wolf.

Those were in my dream. I couldn't aviod waking up with screaming and sweating.

Rubbing my face with my both hands, I murmured to myself "when will it end?" Took a deep breath and let it out though my mouth.

And again, it was 3:30 a.m.

I sighed "well I think I will always wake up at this time..." sighing one more time then went in to the bathroom.

I washed my face and brushed my teeth. Then took a long shower. The cold water landed on my skin followed by the warm water that made me closed my eyes.

I got out of the bathroom with a towel around my waist. I checked my phone and I was suprised because I never got 500 missed calls and 100 messages from my both friends and unknowns. I sighed debating to open the messages and call them or just ignore it.

I choose to open the messages first. All of them made me shocked and confused at the same time. I was shocked because they were sound worried and I heard they're sobbing and I was confused because they asked me to come to their place immediately. I regreted soon after opening the messages because I couldn't just ignore it and they definitely needed my help. But I couldn't just come to their place not knowing what caused they needed my help.

'Arrggh I'm sick of being nice sometimes' screaming in my head.

I took my gym suit, a grey T-shirt, black sports shorts, and white gym shoes. I took a glass of water in the kitchen then went out for running.
It was a good thing though. Living in suburb near the forest was peaceful. The fresh air, the bird sounds, the wind, and the thing I like the most was no sound of honk or people screaming at other.

The sun was still no where to be seen because it was 4:30 a.m. the sky was clear you could see the stars twinkling. My mother always told me a story about them when I was 6 years old. Well I always forced her to tell me about them because I found it interesting the first time she told me. I still found it interesting and it made calm.

I felt I was being watched. Suddenly the story about a monster, when I was young people told me that, broke my peaceful thought. I looked behind then left then right. There was nothing I could see.

'Maybe I was being paranoid' I thought.

I continued my running. The sunrise created beautiful color in the sky covering stars. The birds started singing their song. I stopped from running and the wind started blowing my hair and my sweat clothes. The light touched me and I felt warn. I closed my eyes for a moment then opened it slowly.

"Hope this would be a good sign" I murmured to myself.

I started to walk to my house not wanting to leave this moment, but my stomach told me to. The floor of the forest was cover by brown dry leaves. Couple of squirrels were playing on the ground, then a sound of growl was heard and the forest was quite immediately. The squirrels were climbing the thee to the the top of it. And there was no sound of the birds singing. It was heard again and again. The growl sounded sad and angry at the same time. And I felt the pain on my chest but not the same as the first time I experienced it. Hence I ran to my house trying to call Dr. Black.

When I arrived at my house, the pain was gone. I went to the kitchen taking a couple of glass of water. I inhaled and exhaled rapidly cause I was running so fast. I was about going to take a shower, but there was someone knocking the front door.