Chapter 17

'Who's that guy?'

I couldn't stop myself trying to figure out the answer of that question in my head. The brain of mine told me that there was no memories of him, not even a little piece of it. However, my heart beat unnaturally when I was thinking of that guy. It was like my heart wanted to tell me something, but my brain blocked it.

"-remember it right, Lucas? When you-" the voice of a man was cut off.

"I don't think he is listening, honey." A woman told someone, and it was addressed to the man who mentioned my name I supposed.

"Lucas..." The man called my name, but I ignored that called due to finding the answer of the guy I saw from outside of the kitchen window. It really consumed me. It was like, I would never be in peace before I had found out who that young guy was.

"Lucas..." He was using a fake yell voice.

"Hey, Lucas..." Still ignored the call. "He ignores me." The man was whining like a boy when he wanted something, but he couldn't get it. Then the woman was comforting him, which brought my attention to her. "It is alright, honey. Perhaps, he is trying to figure out something that bothers him." "But we could help him. He is our son, our family. We should help family no matter whatever is, right? I don't want to be a bad father for him." The man, whom I just realised was my father, was pouting. He pushed his lower lip forward with a sad expression on his face.

I just smiled at him moving my head from side to side telling that I couldn't believe what I'd just seen because it did suit him very much. "And now he is giving me that smile. He did this on purpose." He widened his eyes, then hugged his wife, who was next to him, at the last sentence. "He hate me!" He was whining more, and I laughed just a little bit.

I used to laugh hard when my father did that childish act around me because it was really funny to see, but I didn't. The young guy that I saw when I was in the kitchen was the reason behind it. "I'm sorry dad. I didn't do it on purpose. I just can't stop thinking of that guy." "Which guy?" He asked. "The guy I saw outside of the house. I asked you if you expected someone to come when you both were having a romantic pizza argument. You told me that you didn't expect someone. When I turned to look at the guy, the guy disappeared." I told him everything that were in my mind.

"Oh, so that's why you were spacing out. You didn't listen to me when I talked about our vacation in Texas. You know, that accident when you bumped to a cowboy dude which turned out to follow you wherever you are. What is his name again?" He asked that question to my mother, which she answer with another question that was addressed to me. "Yeah.. What is his name?" Giving me the 'you know it, don't you' look.

I rolled my eye ignoring their playful act towards me. They had been doing that soon after I met him, the guy I bumped in to. My father accused me for dating that guy without telling him, and never stopped to ask whether it's true or not. The fact was I was not dating that guy. I found him weird instead. As what my father said, that guy was stalking me because the word of 'follow' was not fit to it. Whenever and wherever I was, he was there too. He told me, which I quoted 'it must be faith for us to meet each other'.

"Uh... Someone's thinking of him right now. Trying to remember his name?" My mother said. It brought me back from the past-memory that I wish to be able to change it.

"Thanks mom, you just support his accusation." I narrowed my eyes at my father, which he wiggled his eyebrows up and down in return. "What kind of boyfriend who doesn't even know his own boyfriend?"  I knew what that wiggling eyebrows act was. It was telling me to tell what he wanted to hear.

I let a loud and long sigh, "his name is Mark Peterson, and he is not my boyfriend. He is just one of those creepy stalkers in this world. Besides, I have my own boyfriend which is way better than him. His name is James. He is the guy who's outside of the house I saw...." I stopped suddenly realising what I just happened.