Chapter 8

Lucas's POV

Sunday was the worst day for me. But unfortunately, People were expecting that day to come earlier, which I didn't even know the reason why. Did you even realize that the day after that day was Monday? Anyway the reason why I said that Sunday was the worst day was my café would be filled by more than a hundred people who came to have breakfast, lunch, and dinner. 'Yeah I know. I should be happy for it, but come! I should work my ass hard for it. The more customers come the more my ass hurt.'

"So... You manage your own café by yourself? I mean you still have to go to school, right?" Jordan asked me breaking the silent in his car. I told him about the café let alone the my parents thing. He was a fun guy to talk to, and I thought he was the mature one than his brother. 'I just know it he would be the mature one in his family. I mean he was the one who proved it that werewolf exist... Let alone the naked thing he showed before.'

"Well..?"

"Oh sorry... The answer is no and yes. Mrs. Blare helps me to manage it while I have to go to school. She is best friend of my family." Suddenly I felt my wound that I tried to forget hurt when I said family. Jordan seemed noticed my sadness. "Well that's great! If you need a help, you know how to find me." He said it cheerfully. 'See this is why I call him the mature one. Usually people when I mentioned family, they would ask about them. I swear I really wanted to tear their throat. Did they notice my sadness?' I gave him my best smile to tell him I was alright because the expression on his face was showing concern that I hated the most.

"How many employees do you have?"

"Well... I have three chefs, two waitresses, Mrs. Blare, and a new waiter, Mrs. Blare's son. He applied the job few days ago, and he went to the same school as us. Anyway so that would be seven employees." I explained to him. I didn't call waitress or chef or even manager because she basically handled all of when I went to school, even though I was the one who paid her.

"Lucas... Is there any available jod there?" Jordan suddenly became nervous which I found it cute. 'God! I really become a gay guy, but thanks for that... James is extremely hot-- wait a minute! Argh' I mentally slapped my head because of thinking of him that way. I frowned thinking about James. I really did felt bad avoiding him like that, but it was not my fault anyway. He was the one who acted like a possessive jerk. I meant I was just asking for clothes to Jordan. 'Jordan is his fucking brother, isn't he? So why he had to act like that! I hate it thou-' I was interrupted by Jordan who asked me for my answer.

"Soooo?" The look on his face was a hopeful face. I just couldn't understand. By seeing his giant house, why would he ask me for a job? His family must be rich, right?

"Yeah sure... I think I could hire one more employee, but you sure you wanna work there? I mean do you have any experience?" And there was I. Changing to my bossy mode. I couldn't stop it though. My father taught me.

"Well I don't.." He looked sad, but the he continued abruptly with the hopeful tone, "..but I could learn it in a day, so I wouldn't be a burden on there." I was just shocked at his word.

"Sorry..."

"No that's fine... You can start it today if you want to... But today must be the hardest one deu to a lot people would come."

"Thank you... You won't regret it."

"Yeah... I hope so." Then silent started to fill the car, but Jordan turned on the radio to replace them.

Skip 10 minutes

We both had finally arrived at the café. It was already filled by customers that only two table left. I was greeted by Mrs. Blare and other employees. I turned back to Jordan asking him to follow me to my office, but he was on his own world sadly. He was staring at someone that was to be Robert Blare. He was sniffing the air then smiling towards Robert who was serving customers at table 11. As a good owner, I did the best thing I should do. I grabbed his elbow and dragged him to my office. While I was dragging him, he was still looking at Robert. 'There must be something!' I pushed him inside closing the door behind me. I looked at Jordan who was looking at me with confused mask on his face. Crossing my arms, I was narrowing my eyes at him.