Third Party

standing side by side while watching the beauty of the liyue, enjoying the breeze and a moment of peace.

Rimuru: *sigh contently* this is somehow relaxing...

glancing to his side, rimuru stood there while looking up at the sky... a man he saw as an enigma.

Xiao: ...

Rimuru: you know, sometimes, doing this isn't such a bad idea... instead of causing chaos here and there *laughs*

Xiao: ..you're not the one to talk *scoff*

Rimuru: me? hahaha, anyway... how are you today? don't tell me that you're sad because of the news? the death of the rex lapis, huh?

Xiao: ...sad, yes. but as an adeptus, it's time to accept the reality. nothing is infinite... not even gods *looks up at the sky*

immersed in the view of the clouds, an image of the past suddenly appeared in his head.

"xiao... you've done well..."

"hahaha, who would have thought that a conqueror demons could shed tears? hey, it's okay!"

"...live, for us"

"one day... we'll meet again, under the world tree, laughing happily... like there's no tomorrow"

Xiao: ...

Rimuru: are you okay, xiao?

his voice jolted xiao back to reality. although his face was still expressionless, but there was no way escaping rimuru's eyes.

Rimuru: must be hard, huh? losing someone you hold dear...

Xiao: ...it's just a piece of the past.

Rimuru: you know, sometimes... crying is the only way to escape the harsh reality.

Xiao: are you suggesting that i'm crying?

Rimuru: haha, no. i just wanted to say that... it's okay to cry, because that's how emotions work *sighs*

silence flows the air as rimuru looked up at the sky while leaning against the railing.

Xiao: ...is that so? *glances at the rimuru*

Rimuru: why, yes. i myself cried too... when i saw my friends lying lifeless on the ground. a feeling i can't forget, haunting me at that time *laughs*

Xiao: ...what happened?

Rimuru: *stretching* ahhhh.... that's enough chatting! anyway... let's go get something to eat.

rimuru then turned around and went to the downstairs, asking for food :^

Xiao: his eyes... filled with sadness... his soul... terror

xiao decided to follow rimuru, he thought that this man... might understand his pain. even when they first met, rimuru didn't care about his karma.

maybe... if there is a chance, he wants to start... over.

----

leaving the main story for a while, we back to mondstadt, the city of freedom.

the streets were so crowded... many people here and there, sharing stories.

looking to the left, at a bench in a quiet alley.

a girl... she had fair skin, pale sea green eyes, and waist-length dark purple hair that turned slightly red at the ends.

mona megistus, known as the enigmatic astrologer, sat on the bench clutching her stomach.