7. Puppies

Delaneys dog>>
~
"Daddy I'm ready"

I looked behind me to see Delaney dressed and ready to go.

I had decided I hadn't spent enough time with Delaney.

So after I had gotten done with work I was going to take her to the park and I was going to surprise her because I knew there was an adoption event going on today.

Since Delaney really didn't have anyone to play with her besides me I wanted to get her a playmate.

"Okay baby lets go" I said grabbing her hand and walking her over to the front door so she could put her shoes on.

After we both had our shoes on I guided her out to the car where I strapped her in and then we were off.
~
When we arrived at the park there were people everywhere and tents and cages set up in almost every square inch of the grass.

"Daddy doggies!" Delaney squealed from the backseat.

I smiled when I saw her little face filled with joy through my rear view mirror.

"Yeah baby, I know" I laughed and she pressed her face against the window and stared at every dog that she saw.

Once I parked the car I got out and went to unbuckle Delaney, who was basically jumping out of her car seat in excitement.

Once she was unstrapped I grabbed her from her seat and set her on my hip where she bounced more.

I knew if I set her on her own two feet she would take off.

I started walking towards the tents and Delaney would squeal every time a dog passed us.

I finally gave up and set her on the ground but held on to her hand.

Now when a dog would pass we would have to stop so she could pet it.

It took us a good twenty minutes to get to the tents and when we finally did get there Delaney practically climbed up my body because there was so many people.

We walked around looking at all the dogs and puppies until a lady wearing a shirt the read 'Puppies and Such Rescue Center'.

"Hello" She greeted.

"Hello" I responded.

"Are you planning on adopting or are you just looking?" She asked.

I waved my hand indicating for her to lean closer which she did.

"Adopting but it's a secret because as soon as she knows she's getting a dog she'll just want the first one she sees"

The lady nodded while leaning away from me with a smile.

"Okay well follow me" She said waving for me to follow her.

We stopped in front of a open topped cage which held what looked to be about ten puppies.

"The mother died after giving birth" The lady whispered to me.

"These are dachshunds puppies" She said and my face scrunched up.

I had two evil dachshunds growing up.

All they did was try and attack my ankles and bite my fingers.

"I'm guessing that's a no?" The lady asked.

"Dill do you like these?" I asked

She looked at them and then shook her head.

"Those are snakes" She commented.

I laughed along with the lady whose name I finally figured out was Margaret.