25. Bye Binkie

One month later

"That one" Dill said while pointing at the shirt in my right hand.

Dill was helping me pack her bag because tonight we're off to my grandmas house.

I bent slightly so I could put the shirt in her little bag before slowly straightening up with a deep breath.

My ribs still hurt but the pain was less and less everyday.

Luckily, I was only taking one pain pill every day instead of the three I was taking before.

"Are you okay daddy?" She asked and I nodded.

"Daddy's ribs just hurt a little"

She walked up to me and put her hand on my ribs.

It was kind of a routine for us.

When I said my ribs hurt she would put her hand on them and tell me she was healing me.

After about a minute she took her hand off my side and stepped away from me.

"Thank you baby" I said and she blew me a kiss while giggling.

"Okay one more shirt" I told her.

She ran into her closet and came back a second later holding a blue shirt in her hands.

"This one" She said shoving it into my hands.

I looked at it and smiled.

It was my favorite shirt, it said "daddy's little princess".

"Okay now pants or skirts"
~
After dills bag was packed I moved onto my bag while she took her nap.

It only took me about ten minutes so I had about fifty minutes left until dill woke up.

I quietly opened her bedroom door to look in and make sure she was okay.

She was and she looked adorable with Binkie all cuddle up in her side.

I knew this afternoon was not going to be fun because today Stephanie and Colby were coming over to pick up Binkie so they could watch her while we were gone.

I was positive dill was going to think I was giving Binkie away.

I closed her door and went downstairs to start making lunch.

While I was making lunch I realized how bored I was but that happens every time I take trips.

The day before I'll be so bored which makes the time go slower.

When lunch was done I put the stove on low so it would stay warm.

I started setting the table when there was a knock on the door.

I set the silverware down and went to open the door.

I smiled when I saw who it was.

"Hi Claire" I said and she kissed me before coming in.

When she walked in I looked and saw Stephanie and Colby were here too.

Colby was carrying Claire's bag while Stephanie was carrying her blanket and pillow.

When they reached the door they walked in and I told them to set Claire's stuff down on the couch.

"You sure you wanna bring her along? I mean she gets annoying" Colby said while nudging his sister.

"Shut up" Claire said while shoving him away.

"I think we'll be okay and if she gets annoying I have headphones" I said giving her a teasing smile.