Epilogue

This chapter is going to bounce to different years a lot so pay close attention!
~
4 years later

It had happened.

Claire and I were finally married.

The ceremony was amazing.

We only had thirty people attend the ceremony, which was held in our backyard, because we wanted it to be an intimate thing and not everyone that was invited to the reception needed to be at the ceremony.

About two years ago Claire and I finally had enough money to buy a house together.

My old house just wasn't enough anymore especially with dill getting older.

"Dad I'm hungry"

I was broken out of my thoughts by Delaney.

She was eight and it still amazed me everyday how much she had grown up.

I missed my little toddler a lot but I also enjoyed watching her grow into her own person.

"I know, after this you can get food"

I told her and she huffed before turning and grabbing Kay's hand, who was Claire's cousin and was the same age as dill.

We we're waiting for the slideshow that my parents and Claire's mom put together to be over.

Claire looked at me after the video was on for about fifteen minutes. I gave her a small smile and she leaned into me.

"I love this and all but I want this to be over" She whispered in my ear which made me chuckle because I couldn't agree more.

I leaned in to give her a quick kiss but as I was doing that I heard clapping so I pulled away to see the slideshow was over.

Claire and I quickly thanked them before announcing dinner was served.

I didn't think Claire and dill could have ran any faster over to the buffet.

Claire especially since she was in her big wedding dress.

I went and waited in line but everyone just pushed me to the front of the line so I had my food in no time.

I went back and sat down next to Claire and dill who were already pigging out on their food.

"Delaney, slow down otherwise you're going to get a stomach ache" I said.

She immediately slowed down.

"You don't care if I get a stomach ache?" Claire asked with a whole fork full of pasta in her hand.

She was smirking so I knew she was joking.

"Claire please slow down so you don't get a stomach ache" I said in a fake voice.

She giggled before grabbing the back of my head and pulling me in for a kiss. After about a minute or so she pulled away.