20. Questions and Monsters

"You can't be here" I said through clenched teeth.

"Why not? It's a public place" She said with a little evil smile.

"It's actually not so I'm going to have to ask you to leave" Claire spoke up.

Minnie just glared at her.

"Please you're just a child" Minnie said with a laugh.

"She may be but I am not and if she wants you out then you have to leave"

I looked at the door and saw Stephanie standing there with her arms crossed and her eyes narrowed at Minnie.

"Excuse me but she was being rather rude to me" Minnie stated.

Stephanie rose an eyebrow at her.

"You're only allowed to be on this property if you have a child enrolled in classes here"

Minnie smiled.

"Great I can stay since I have a child"

Stephanie looked at Claire and then me.

"Mommy"

Minnie looked towards dill thinking dill was calling for her but dill had another person in mind because she ran straight to Claire and hugged her legs.

I looked at Claire in shock and so did Stephanie and Minnie.

Claire just had a little smirk on her face.

"Hey baby" Claire said as she lifted dill up and set her on her hip.

I was beyond confused but I let it be.

"Minnie please leave" I pleaded and she crossed her arms.

"No I want to see my baby dance"

It irritated me that she was calling Delaney her baby.

"How'd you even know about this place?" I asked.

"I saw your little whore wearing a shirt that said 'SCC Dance Academy' so I just figured you might be here" She said.

Stephanie's claws were out at the mention of her daughter being a whore.

"Leave" Stephanie snapped.

She kind of scared me with the anger that was radiating off of her and I think Minnie sensed it too because she put her hands up in surrender.

"Fine" She said then stormed out, almost hitting a little girl that was walking into the room.

"We will discuss this later" Stephanie said and then walked out.

I turned to Claire who was still holding Delaney and rose an eyebrow at her.

She knew what it was for.

"When she asked me if I was her mom last night I whispered to her and told her only when that woman was around for now"

I smiled because I knew it really got under Minnie's skin.

Kids and parents started coming in so I went and sat down and watched the class.
~
Later that night Claire and I were laying in my bed.

She was running her fingers over my torso while I ran my fingers through her hair.

"She's crazy" Claire all of the sudden said.

I looked down at her while she looked up at me.

"I know" I said.

"Why did you date her?" Claire asked.