8.Binkie

When we got home Delaney was super excited to show Binkie around the house.

I opened the front door and Delaney ran in while I struggled with the bags and Binkie.

Once the door was closed I set Binkie down and she looked around and sniffed the air.

"Dill come here" I yelled since I didn't know where she went.

I heard little feet come running down the stairs and then Delaney appeared with a big smile on her face.

"Yes daddy?" She asked.

I waved at her to come down the rest of the steps, which she did.

I picked up Binkie and walked into the living room while Delaney followed us.

I sat down on the couch with Binkie in my lap and Delaney sitting really close to me.

"Are you happy?" I asked since Delaney hadn't stopped smiling.

She nodded and I leaned down to kiss her head.

After about twenty minutes Binkie had her collar on and her toys spread everywhere.

I decided I was gonna start dinner so I left Binkie and Delaney in the living room but I kept a very close eye on both of them.

Just because Binkie is a new dog so I don't know her limits on Delaney screaming and jumping all around her and because I know Delaney tends to be a little rough when she plays so I didn't want her to hurt Binkie.

Half way trough making dinner Delaney ran into the kitchen with Binkie right behind her.

"Daddy, the door" She said while pointing at the front door.

I nodded before walking over to the door and opening it.

"Hey Braydon" Claire said with a smile.

I looked at her for a second before smiling and opening the door a little wider for her to come on.

She came in and took off her shoes.

"What are you doing here?" I asked while walking back to the kitchen to check on dinner while Claire followed behind me.

"Well I went to the restaurant and they said you weren't there so I came here" She said.

I was about to reply when I heard Delaney squeal and a little bark come from the living room so I walked over and peaked inside.

I smiled at what I saw.

Delaney was behind a chair and Binkie was in front of it, Delaney would pop out from behind the chair and Binkie would run over and lick her foot and then run back and wait for her to pop out again.

"When did you get a puppy?" Claire asked from beside me.

"Today, she needed a dog in her life" I said.

I could see Claire smile out of the corner of my eye.

"You're a good dad" She said and I smiled slightly.

I walked back into the kitchen and pulled out my lasagna from the oven.

"Claire, why are you here?" I asked again.

"I don't know I like spending time with you and Delaney"

I looked at her and then looked back at my lasagna.

Claire likes someone else so why is she hanging out with me?

"Miss Claire!" I heard Delaney yell.