16. Therapy

The next morning I woke up and was surprised to see Claire still laying in my bed, fast asleep.

Claire was laying on her side with her face looking towards me.

Her hair was a mess and she was drooling but what I found so adorable was that both of her hands were wrapped securely around my forearm and bicep.

I was going to just lay there but I felt a little body climb up next to me.

I looked over to see Delaney fully dressed, smiling at me.

"Hi daddy" She squeaked.

I smiled before raising my finger to my lips telling her to be quiet which she quickly mimicked by putting her own finger up to her lips.

I gently untangled myself from Claire and grabbed Delaney before getting up and walking out of the room with Delaney still in my arms.

Once we were a little ways away from my room I spoke to dill.

"Who dressed you?" I asked.

She giggled while looking down at her outfit which looked brand new.

"Grandma" She responded.

I nodded.

I walked downstairs with her in my arms and into the kitchen.

When I walked in I immediately paused because sitting at the table was Stephanie and Colby with my mom.

My mouth apparently had dropped because I felt dill try and push it back up while laughing so I closed my mouth.

"Hello Braydon" Stephanie greeted.

I gave her a small smile and a wave.

"Hey what are you two doing here?" I asked nervously.

"Well Claire texted me last night and told me she was staying with you so I decided to come check up on her"

I nodded before sitting down next to Colby.

"Where is she?" Colby asked.

"She's still asleep upstairs" I said.

He raised an eyebrow but I brushed it off.

My mom was just smirking at me.

"Daddy has a crush" Delaney said with a little laugh.

"How do you know what a crush is?" I asked while I sat her up on the edge of the table.

She shrugged her little shoulders.

"I don't know but she kisses you so that means she likes you" Dill said matter-of-factly.

I felt heat on my face and all heads turn towards me so I tried to change the subject.

"Dills appointment is at noon, mom" I said.

She nodded while giving me knowing eyes.

I looked at the clock on the wall and realized it was about eleven so I set dill down and excused myself.

I rushed upstairs and into my room.

I closed the door and turned around to see Claire sitting up in my bed playing on her phone but she must of heard the door close because now she was looking at me.

"Hey" She said softly.

"Hey" I said before walking over to my dresser.

I pulled out khaki shorts and a black t-shirt.

I turned back around and looked at Claire.

"Just to let you know your mom and brother are downstairs" I said.