❝[☁️] s e v e n t e e n 十七

Jisung bites down at his lip nervously as he presses the phone against his ear, his heart thumping in his chest loudly as the continuous beeping fills the tense silence. Felix watches him with a mirrored expression, waiting in suspension as his friend dials the mysterious number.

After the fifth signal, someone picks up.

"Psyche Medica, mental health institution, psychiatry and psychotherapy, how can I help you?" A women on the other side says in an automatic – yet still warm and polite – manner, apparently repeating this phrase every time she answers a call.

Felix, who stands close enough to hear everything, gives Jisung a wide-eyed gaze.

"O-oh," Jisung stutters back, seemingly caught off guard. That's quite far from what he'd expected. "I'm so sorry to bother, must have mistaken the numbers. Have a nice day." He quickly hangs up, his cheeks already feeling unpleasantly warm from the rush of emotions.

"He gave us a number to a mental health institution?" Felix voices out their mutual bewilderment.

Han shakes his head. "It must be a joke. He just pranked us."

Felix looks rather unamused, his gaze falling to the floor with disappointment, "Why do we even bother... Of course Seungmin wouldn't be persuaded that easily, would he?"

The other blonde boy shrugs, hesitating for a moment. "Just... let's focus on the practice now... The match is tomorrow."

And with that, Felix gathers back his cheerleading team from where they were all warming up, commanding them to line up. Jisung joins them – standing right next to Hyunjin who also participates in it – excited to finally be a part of the team. Tomorrow is his first performance as a cheerleader.

"You know the drill... We're polishing this until everything is absolute perfection!" Felix's stern glare travels from the very first to last person in the row, making eye contact with each member of his squad to make sure they're paying attention. In those moments, Jisung couldn't recognise his friend as that ball of sunshine – he obviously was in his leader mode, which was quite intimidating yet impressive at the same time. "No slacking, no fooling around, I want you to be professional. There is no space for childishness on my team," he warns them, his look slightly sliding toward his boyfriend, as if he wants to deliver a message 'yes, even you, I won't go easy on you just because I love you'.

He connects his phone to the speaker via Bluetooth, and opens his Spotify.

"From the top!" The music blasts through the speaker, and they all follow the well-known and hard-trained over the past few days routine.

❝[☁️]

The wind slightly tugs at Jisung's hair as he makes his way to the cheerleading team hideout, the spray firmly holding it in place, not letting his combed, styled, and perfected for over thirty minutes hairstyle get ruined. His bangs were pulled back, only a few strands of hair falling on top of his now fully revealed forehead. As well as the rest of the cheerleading team, he was wearing a red tight-fitting half turtle neck with minimalistic black design and logo of their high school, the material gracefully embracing his waist and providing a smooth transition to the bottom of the outfit. Normally, the boys on the cheerleading team wore sweatpants, yet since Felix, Jisung, and Hyunjin basically were the only boys on the team, Felix decided that they could go for something bolder. That's how the three of them ended up in pleated skirt shorts, reaching their mid-thighs while the rest of their legs were covered by knee socks. To be truthful, they all pulled it off gorgeously, the skirt shorts flattering their silhouettes surprisingly well.

"You look better in this outfit than most of the girls here," Hyunjin comments, eyeing his boyfriend up and down. Felix only smiles at him playfully while tying up his blonde hair in two pre-schooler ponytails, yet before he's able to say anything back, Jisung clears his throat.