SIDE STORY-2: Friendly Neighborhood

ZAIN ZAFFAR'S POV:

I started running, and made my way to an inconspicuous alleyway, before changing into my costume, and swinging to the coordinates Nick Fury had sent me.

I always hate making web-fluid, and it's even more of a pain in the ass when the chemistry lab isn't empty, because people just decide to hang out there of all places! But... unless I wanna ask Agrim for web-fluid or jump from rooftop to rooftop, I'd have to deal with this shit.

"Director Fury, this is SM-1. I am at the coordinates; requesting pick-up." I said through comms.

["Agent SM-1, the Helicarrier is inbound. Maintain position."]

"Copy."

To be honest, this whole Spider-Agent thing will take time to get used to...

...

"I see that the others are busy." Fury says, walking over to a holograph projecting table. "Brief them when you guys get together."

"Right, what's this about, then?"

"Now that you've familiarised yourself with the place, I suggest that we get you guys familiarized with the Police Departments around the city." Fury said. "We can arrange for you to start working with the local police departments. You need to get familiar with them, their procedures, and most importantly, gain their trust."

"I'll do it. But what's the goal here?"

"We need you to have allies on the inside. In case something big happens, you'll need to have someone to call for backup, someone who can clear your name if needed."

"Right- that seems like a good idea." I said, scratching my head.

"Before that, I still think it's best that you carry on being a vigilante. People need someone they can look up to, and being a S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent doesn't really bode well with the public."

"Got it. I'll just be your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man." I said, with a small salute. "But, wait a second- won't the police officers brand us as threats? You know, being vigilantes and all... We haven't really had the best time as vigilantes, you know?"

"Hmm... That could be an issue. Well, we'll address it if we come across it. Until then, do as instructed."

"Right, got it." I nodded.

"You kids are one of us now. We're in this together." Fury placed a hand on my shoulder. "Alright, then, for your assignment- these are the three main precincts in New Japan. The 42nd, the 69th, and the 99th." Fury pointed out on a holo-map. "Precinct 42 is under Captain Yuri Watanabe-"

"Yuri? I knew a Yuri back in my world."

"Good. Then you'll have no trouble blending in." Fury said, before continuing. "The 69th Precinct is under Captain Jean DeWolff, and the 99th Precinct is under Captain George Stacy. His daughter, Gwendolyn Stacy goes to your school."

"..."

"..."

"..."

Huh? Gwen? Gwen's alive...? Gwen goes to my school?

The world around me started to blur, as if reality itself was melting away. My heart pounded in my chest like a jackhammer, threatening to burst through my ribcage. My breaths came in ragged gasps, each one a struggle to fill my lungs with air. A cold sweat broke out on my forehead, and my hands trembled uncontrollably.

My thoughts raced, a whirlwind of memories and fears colliding in my mind. The vivid images of my old world, of Gwen's smiling face, played on an endless loop. It felt like a nightmare I couldn't escape, even in this reality. My fingers dug into my palms, as if grounding myself would prevent me from slipping into the abyss.