CHAPTER-10: The Quintessential Quintuplets

THIRD-PERSON POV:
April 21st, 2017

"Alright class, settle down. We have a new transfer student in our class, and I'd like you all to be nice to her. Go ahead, miss, introduce yourself."

As Fuutaro lays eyes on the new student, he gasps and his pen falls down from his desk.

"Itsuki Nakano. It's so nice to meet all of you."

'This chick, again?!'

Murmurs and whispers break out in the classroom.

"Hey, that chick's cute."

"That's a Kurobara uniform, isn't it?"

"Her folks must be loaded!"

'A rich transfer student? Obviously, it's her!' Fuutaro hangs his head in his arms.

She walks past Fuutaro, trying to look for a seat. When she reaches Fuutaro, he tries to talk to her.

"Uh- hey-" And that was about all he could say before she huffed and looked away from him.

'That's a nice bird.' Meanwhile, Zain looks outside from his window seat, not caring about what was going on in the classroom.

...

ZAIN ZAFFAR'S POV:

"Okay, wait a sec, let me get this straight- you were offered a tutoring job, and you've already pissed off the girl you're supposed to tutor?" I asked Fuutaro, feigning confusion.

I already knew he got the job, I was the one who recommended him for it, after all. The two of us were currently walking over to the cafeteria after he revealed his problem to me. That reminds me, I did promise Karuizawa and Kushida that I'd hang out with them sometime soon. It's such a hassle being the new kid... You get a lot of attention for no reason at all.

"I guess karma really is a bitch, huh?" I mumbled.

Fuutaro sighed, and replied. "I need to get on her good side or I can kiss the job goodbye."

I patted him on the back. "I can always help you with that, y'know? There she is right now." I pointed towards Itsuki, who was walking towards a table with her food tray in hand.

"She has friends?!" Fuutaro exclaimed.

"Just because you don't, doesn't mean no one does." I sighed. "Even I have friends, and I've only been here three weeks."

Itsuki spotted us and gave us the fakest smile I'd ever seen.

"I'm sorry, but this table is full."

Great...

I looked around the cafeteria and stopped dead in my tracks when I spotted the people I was actively looking for... And I'm considered a genius.

Fuutaro saw me standing still, and grabbed me by the collar, dragging me away.

Suddenly, a girl from Itsuki's table ran up to us. "Hey, wait! Don't just leave."

We turn around and see a girl with short, light pink hair, and electric blue eyes.

Hmm... She bears an uncanny resemblance to Itsuki.

"You guys are after Itsuki, aren't you?" the girl says.

Hah! If only you knew little lady.

"We're not after her." I said, trying to defuse the situation. "He is." Then I immediately added fuel to the fire.