Chapter 17

HARRY'S POV:

We're rushing down the hall and we can see the revolving staircase, embellished with the large gargoyle per usual. Well, we're not all rushing. Fred and Hermione are power walking slightly in front of Professor Mcgonagall, who has my arm in a tight yet nurturing grip. Ron and George are slightly behind us, struggling to keep up with the frantic walk of the rest.

"Professor-" i begin to start, trying to tell Professor Mcgonagall I can walk by myself.

"Not now Potter, we have no time to chat. We must alert Professor Dumbledore at once!" Mcgonagall says in her shrill, thick accent with a dash or urgency to it. I have a feeling that she knows that this is bad, she knows something is coming.

As we approach the gargoyle, Professor Mcgonagall stops my friends in their tracks and pulls me ahead.

"Listen, I'm going to take Mr. Potter up there and then come back down. This is a conversation that they need to have privacy for." Mcgonagall tells my friends, and they begin to protest.

"Professor, that's not fair! Harry needs u-" Ron begins, with Fred agreeing and nodding his head vigorously.

"Not now Mr. Weasley! I will alert you if you are needed. For now, you may wait here or anywhere else, but you may not enter. Please, have some patience. Mr. Potter will be out very soon." I hear again, in the same shrill accent.

My friends nod their head slowly, Hermione ushering them away. I wonder what I would do without her sometimes, keeping us all in order.

As I step into the staircase and I hear the mention of "Bubblegum" with the staircase beginning to shift, the only thing I can see is Fred's worried look back at me. He's got George's arm around his shoulder but the only thing he can see is me. And I can only see him. That is, until the wall blocks my view. 

——————————

I'm sat in front of Dumbledore's desk, and I have just explained to him what I've been experiencing. He's processing my words, staring only at his collection of constellation-inspired art pieces. I only hear Fawkes' quiet chirp. Otherwise, silence.

As soon as I am about to speak up, Dumbledore gets up and moves over to his Pensieve. He opens up the doors and moves the tip of his wand to his temple, drawing out the silver, flowing string of a memory and dropping it into the Pensieve.

"Professor I-" I begin, but again being cut off.

"No need, Harry. I'm not worried about this. Please tell me if this happens more. You may return to your dorm." Dumbledore says, in a dismissive voice.

What? I'm so confused. I thought this is what George said happened to Ginny? Is this not bad? Did Dumbledore not say he would want to know all the ways he could help me? I have so many questions.

"But sir-" I begin a final time. But I'm already being pushed out of the large door.

"I promise you Harry, this is going to be fine. Please try to enjoy yourself, or at least be content with the fact you're okay now." Dumbledore says in a rushed matter, shutting the door in my face.

This is so unlike him.

—————————

FRED'S POV

"You know I'm worried about him. How could I not be? George, you're right. Word for word, this is what happened to Ginny." I say to George, who is sitting by the Gryffindor fireplace with Ron to his left and Hermione in the armchair to my right.

That's when we all hear a faint "Maple Leaves" outside the dormitory portrait, and Harry entering. I get up and quickly walk over to Harry.

"So how did it go? What did he say? What's going to happen?" I asked Harry, not realizing I was a little too loud and in his face. I backed away and awaited his response.

"Um..." Harry starts, glancing at the common room that not only has Ron, Hermione and George in it, but about 15 other Gryffindors in it as well. "It was okay." I cock my head to the side and so do my brothers and Hermione.

"Can I talk with you upstairs? In my dorm?" Harry whispers to me. He doesn't wait for a response, he's already walking to the stairs. I look over at the three, who motion for me to follow him. I motion a thumbs up back, rushing to catch up with Harry.

As soon as we enter the room and the door is closed, I turn to see Harry sitting down on the bed with a dazed look.

"What's wrong? Did he say something was going to happen?" I questioned Harry once again.

"He just.. he didn't say anything at all. He just told me that he wasn't worried and that everything was going to be okay. It was so.... Unlike him in a way." Harry responded, looking up at me in the final sentence with a "help me" sort of face.

What does that even mean? I'm terribly worried, how is Dumbledore not?

I sit down next to Harry, both of us taking up one side of the bed each. The bed is small, but not small enough for us to be uncomfortable. Just small enough for me to hold him and ease some of his anxiety.

"Well, I think that yes, maybe something may be going on. But you know how wise Dumbledore is? I feel like this is the kind of thing he would tell you about, if it was a problem. But if he doesn't think it is, I trust that." I tell Harry.

I don't believe a word that just came out of my mouth. But sometimes, I have to say things to other people to relieve some worry, even if I don't think it's true myself.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. I just don't want to let my guard down. Again." Harry says, leaning down to rest his head on my collarbone and throwing his arms around my torso.

I can tell he doesn't believe my words either. But I'm not going to pressure him to talk about this. We don't have to talk. Not now. Not soon. When he's ready.

"I'm here for you always Harry. I hope you know that." I whisper to him, resisting the urge to spill out all of my worries about Harry's current predicament.

"As am I." Harry responds, scooting closer to me and looking up.

I give him a kiss on the head and run my hand back and forth across his upper back.

"We can be here for each other. No matter what's going to happen." I say to Harry, a slight tremble in my voice. I stop talking, I have to be the strong one in this situation.

Harry hums in agreement, I can feel that he's clenching his teeth in worry but eventually he drifts off to sleep, leaving me and my worries alone with all the time in the world.

————————

...
Hiiiii....

I KNOW ITS BEEN TOO LONG FORGIVE ME I FORGOT THIS EXISTED!! Here's the update. Cough. I have somewhat of an idea of where this is going, but you can never be too sure.

Love you guys!!!