Friend

Jason pov

Leo wasn't gone for long. Piper told me there might be something going on between him and Will. 

Part of me triumphed at a possible rift in their relationship. And another part cursed me for it. I saw how happy Leo was with Will. And as much as it hurt I didn't want to see him stop smiling.

Piper and I sat in silence together. I didn't want to talk about what happened in the woods, and she picked up on that. She gives me an occasional nudge and supporting smile so that I know she's there for me. And I'm so grateful.

Leo slumped down next to me and put his head on the table.

"Worst breakup ever" he mumbled. My heart hurt for him. I placed my hand on his shoulder and squeezed.

"I'm really sorry, Leo" And I was. Seeing Leo sad was a rare occasion, and it was always worse than expected. He has a tendency to keep all his feelings bottled up to the point of explosion. And if this breakup triggers him enough, I want to be there to support him. No matter how much I want him for myself.

Piper must've noticed me grimacing, because she gave me a sympathetic look before she switched over to Leo's side to give him a hug.

"It's gonna be alright, Leo" she said as she squeezed him tight. In that moment, I wanted nothing more than to hug him too. But I restrained myself. I couldn't be selfish right now.

Leo groaned and lifted his head up. No sign of tears.

"It's fine really guys, I'm okay" Piper let him go and gave him an expectant look.

"We both saw it coming," Leo continued. "Us together wouldn't have worked out in the long run".

I was having trouble navigating this situation correctly. Of course I was happy Leo and Will weren't together anymore. Every chance I get, I have to remind myself that just because he's single doesn't mean I can have him. Not yet anyway. Right now he needed a friend. And I had an idea.

"How about a movie night?" I suggested. Leo looked at me, eyebrows raised.

"Just the three of us, your pick" I nudged him with my shoulder and a small smile grew across his lips.

"Yeah, ok that sounds like fun" he said, his eyes gaining a bit more light.

Piper cleared her throat.

"Sorry guys I'll have to sit this one out. We have a cabin meeting tonight" Piper looked at me and I knew what she was doing. I wouldn't be surprised if Leo refused to go. He and Piper were friends before I came into the picture, and they had a bond that I sometimes envied.

"Boo, you whore" Leo joked. Piper slapped his arm and stood up.

"You boys have fun" Piper placed a hand on my shoulder before she went over to the Aphrodite table.

"So just us then?" Leo smiled at me, and I forgot to stifle my excitement.

"Just us" I smiled back.

"Great! I finally get to force you to watch Mean Girls with me without Piper getting annoyed".

Mean Girls was one of Leo's favorite movies, and he watched it so much that Piper grew to hate it. I saw how excited Leo was, I dare not refuse him.

"Alright, bunker 9, 8pm, bring your own blanket" Leo drummed on my shoulders, a habit that he picked up recently. I welcomed it. Then Leo ran off, towards his own cabin and I was left alone at the cabin 1 table. 

Authors note: another short one jeez im lazy