Hands

Jason Pov

When I opened my eyes, I saw Leo looking down at me. His eyes were widened filled with concern. I tried to sit up and instantly regretted it. Pain blossomed behind my eyes and I grit my teeth, cursing under my breath. I didn't notice Leo was holding my hand until then because I felt him squeeze it.

"Are you okay?" He asked, his voice dripping with worry. But I barely heard the question because I was too focused on his hand in mine. I squeezed it slightly to make sure it was really there. Leo didn't seem to notice, because he was too busy apologizing.

"I'm sorry this happened to you, It's all my fault" His voice cracked and I felt my heart break. Despite the pain between my eyes and the fogginess of my brain I sat up and put my hands on his shoulders. I recalled what had happened before I got a brick thrown at my head.

A brick. Seriously?

"Hey, it's not your fault... I don't know what happened. But I trust you,Leo."

Leo looked at me, his eyes watery. I squeezed his shoulders, not sure if I'd be able to handle it, if I saw him cry.

"I... didn't have control over myself.. Like something took over my body..." Leo stumbled over his words, absently fidgeting with my fingers. I couldn't help but smile. I grabbed both of his hands and squeezed.

"What happened, happened. We just got to move forward". Before I could say more my head pounds against the bandage and I groan and lay back down.

"Shit..."

Leo jumps up. "I got it!"

He walks over to one of the cabinets and grabs some nectar and ambrosia. He walks over to me, sitting in the chair next to my cot and feeds me. I felt my face grow hot, feeling a mix of complete and utter embarrassment and absolute adoration. The pain begins to dull until it almost disappears completely. I let out a long sigh as the tension in my head fades away.

"T-thanks" I looked up at him and saw him smiling. I loved it when he smiled.

We stared at each other for a moment. Too long of a moment for me to play it off naturally. My face grew even hotter and I stuttered like a moron

"Uhm... uh..."

You smile even wider and I realize you're laughing at me. I can't help but laugh back, which gives me the opportunity to look away, releasing the tension. I clear my throat, anxious to change the subject.

"Where is everyone?"

"Upper deck..." Leo's eyes widened.

"Oh shit, the ship!" He springs up and runs out of the infirmary, leaving me alone. Before I could get offended he pokes his head back in.

"You need rest. I'll be back soon!"

And then he was gone. I sighed and lay back down, thinking about everything that just happened.

I held his hand.

I groan in frustration, knowing Piper was going to bully me when I tell her. I'd been hanging with Leo a lot the past few months. And I dared not get my hopes up of us being more than friends. Sometimes, I felt like I was okay with that. But then other times... it really hurt. And now, I got my hopes up way too high for comfort.

I groan again and push my palms to my eyelids. I couldn't worry about this right now. There were more pressing matters to attend to.

I got up slowly, and made my way up to the chaos that was the upper deck of the Argo II.

Author's note: This is kinda short but next one will be way longer! Thanks for reading! :)