Hey

Will's POV

I didn't even notice when Leo left. He probably freaked out when I started to cry. God's that was so embarrassing. Crying over a boy who didn't even love me back? 

I sunk into a nearby desk chair. Playing the moment over and over in my head. I never planned on saying it. I don't even think I meant it truly. But at the moment, when he was in my arms, all I could think about was how, soon, he was going to have to go on this dangerous quest to save the world, and I wouldn't be able to do anything to keep him safe. And suddenly,

"I love you".

Leo went stiff in my embrace. 

Where the hell did that come from Solace?

"You what?" Leo said, forcing a laugh. I knew he heard me. And from that response, I knew it was the wrong thing to say.

And it was a lie. I didn't love Leo, at least not in that way. I knew that for certain. But I also knew I didn't want him to get hurt. I couldn't trust him not to. 

Ugh, out of all the people to fall for, I picked the self destructive one! 

I found myself getting more and more frustrated at him. He never listens to me, but always comes crawling back after he hurts himself from doing something stupid. The greatest scare I had was when he came into the infirmary with third degree burns all up and down his arms. He told me he was just "testing his limits". I would've killed him right there if I wasn't so worried.

I've felt compelled to throttle him sometimes at his callousness. But no matter how much he frustrated me, I always wanted to make sure he was okay. Because I liked him. He made me laugh. The most I've laughed in a really long time. And it was nice to be able to feel that way amidst all this chaos.

I was sitting in the strawberry fields when he finally came back. I could hear him gasping for air as he ran up behind me. I turned and looked up at him. His hair was uncombed and in his face, he wore a dirty white tee and sweatpants. Leo was hunched over, and I was tempted to laugh at his expense. But I kept my face straight, and waited for him to speak.

When he caught his breath, he plopped down next to me, his knee touching mine.

"Hey" greeted Leo.

"Hey" I greeted him back.

And so we talked.

Author's Note: this is a short one I know. I make chapters by vibes