Movie

Leo pov

After Will and I decided to call it quits, I figured I just had to keep myself busy from thinking about him. But when I saw him at the campfire that night, my first instinct was to go up and say something stupid and flirty to make him blush in front of everyone. Part of me wished that we didn't break up so early, but I knew it was going to happen sooner or later.

Will caught me looking at him, and gave me an awkward smile. I smiled back. I reminded myself it was better for both of us to stay friends, and I realized that I missed how simple things were between us.

Instead of going back to my cabin with my siblings I headed towards bunker 9 to prepare it for the movie night with Jason. I was most likely going to shove all the mess in a closet and make some popcorn. On my walk there, I felt myself getting anxious. I'm not alone with Jason very often, and the last time I was, I almost told him how I felt about him all those months ago. Back when Jason was just a figment of Hera's mind fuckery, I had the biggest crush on him. He was way out of my league and obviously liked Piper. And by the time they broke up, I had Will. I stopped thinking about Jason as much as I used to. Though, I had to admit it was hard not to blush whenever I saw him. Now in mind of Jason's physique, I prayed to the gods that he would wear a hoodie tonight.

I tried to think more positively. The last thing I needed was more romance drama. I had quite enough of it. And I couldn't think of a better way to spend my night than being with a friend. Jason always had my back, inside and outside my fake memories. And he knew what I needed was to unwind. I felt happy to have him in my life.

By the time I got to the bunker, I was surprised to see that Jason had beat me there. I found him sitting in the middle of the floor rummaging through all my materials and trinkets like a kid on Christmas.

"Uhm..." I began, crossing my arms. "Whatcha doin?"

Jason looked up and smiled. I watched as the scar on his lip shifted with his mouth. I remember when Thalia had told me about how he got that scar, trying to eat a stapler. I couldn't help but imagine it and it created this filter in my brain that activates when Jason smiles. Despite his build and heroic guise, I knew him for a puppy dog.

"I'm organizing your trash" he gestured to the mess, which looked barely different than it did before I left. I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, trying anyway" He stood up and dusted off his legs.

Jason stood at least a foot taller than me with a baggy orange camp half blood sweatshirt and black adidas shorts. He wore long white socks that covered most of his calves and black Nike slides.

"You look comfy," I said. Jason squinted his eyes at me.

"Sorry, was I supposed to wear a suit?"

"Yeah, actually." I sighed, feigning disappointment.

"I thought I told you? We have a strict black tie dress-code here"

Jason looked me up and down, clearly noting my t-shirt and sweatpants combo.

"You clean up nice," He said, smirking. I became uncharacteristically aware of my looks, as if I was being checked out.

That's stupid, I thought to myself. This is Jason. I really needed to get my mind off things, so we started the movie as soon as I set it up on an old projector I found.

Besides me quoting many of the scenes, and doing my best to make Jason laugh, we didn't talk much during the movie. Jason didn't really seem to get it, but I knew he was watching it for me, so I didn't expect much. It was towards the climax of the movie that I noticed he started to doze off. During the trust fall scene, of all scenes! We sat on the couch next to each other, and I heard a soft snore escape his lips. His head was tilted back, facing the ceiling, mouth slightly ajar. I noticed his blonde eyelashes fluttering, as his eyes moved back and forth under his eyelids. I hoped that whatever he was dreaming about wasn't nightmarish. Demigods were known for having crazy weird dreams, especially the powerful ones.

As worried as I was, I wanted to let him sleep. I rested my head on his shoulder and finished the movie, falling asleep with him soon after.