DANI

I sat the negative pregnancy test on the bathroom counter and closed my eyes

I sat the negative pregnancy test on the bathroom counter and closed my eyes. This was the fifth negative test that I got in the past six months. What the hell was I doing wrong? Was I not timing my ovulation correctly? Was I waiting too late? My doctor told me not to think about it too much, and enjoy myself, but that was hard to do when I wanted a child. I stared at my reflection in the mirror and took a deep breath. I would keep trying, I couldn't give up. I wanted to give my husband a baby before Christmas and I still had a month and a half before then. I jumped when a loud knock came from the door.

"Daniela, are you okay?"

I took a deep breath and hid the test under the sink before pulling the door open, and forcing a smile. "Good morning, I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my hair."

My husband smiled, and handed me a cup of coffee. He looked so sexy as he stood there in his suit and tie. He was tall, with broad shoulders, short black hair that he kept neat and gelled down, and honey brown eyes that were deep and expressive. He was every woman's dream when you looked at him. "You look beautiful, so don't stress yourself. I have to go, and I will be late tonight. I didn't want to tell you last minute."

"I thought that we were going to have dinner, and maybe try to make a baby tonight."

He laughed, "trust me, I hate that I have to work late. This case is a big one and my client is depending on me. I'll make it up to you, I promise. By the way, which tie should I wear?" He held up a red one and a blue one.

"Hmm...I think the red one. It's the same color as the lingerie I was going to wear for you tonight."

"You can put it on this weekend, I'll be all yours and I'll be ready. I love you; I have to go." He leaned forward and placed a kiss on my head. I leaned against the bathroom door and watched as he grabbed his phone, keys, and wallet before leaving the room.

Once he was gone I groaned and flopped down on the bed. I wasn't getting any younger and neither was he. I was twenty-nine and he was thirty-three. I wanted to a child more than anything. My husband was Liam Steele. He was one of the best lawyers in New York, and that kept him busy. He would go to work early, and come home late. By the time he would come in at night, I would already be sleeping. The best time to have sex was on the weekends, but my ovulation didn't always wait till the weekends. I chewed on my bottom lip and rolled my eyes. I had everything that I wanted. A nice home, nice car, loving husband, why did I feel like we needed a child so bad? We got married two years ago, and everything has been perfect. We travel a lot, and I like being free to sleep in, or take a trip without worrying about a babysitter. That's what I tried to make myself believe, but it wasn't working anymore. I grabbed my phone, "shit," I whispered. I needed to get to work, and if I kept pouting I would be late.