WATERMELON MARTINIS

One martini turned into seven and before I knew it I was drunk

One martini turned into seven and before I knew it I was drunk. My head was spinning but I was feeling good. I didn't care about what I said or what I did. I danced as much as I wanted, talked about anything and everything. I hadn't felt like this in a long time. I sat at the bar and pulled my hair back into a ponytail. I was tired, sweaty, and needed another drink.

"Give me another martini." Arik said my drinks were on the house, so I was going to take advantage of that. The bartender handed me my drink and I thanked him. I lifted the glass to my lips, but it was pulled out of my hands. "Hey, what are you doing?" I asked turning to face Arik. "What's the problem?"

He handed the drink back to the bartender. "She's done." He said looking me in the eyes.

What the hell did he mean by that? "I'm fine, Arik. I'm a grown woman and I can drink as much as I want." The last thing I needed was him acting like his brother and telling me when I reached my limit. I never got to drink like this because I was trying to keep myself healthy while I was trying to get pregnant. If this was going to be the last time I had fun for a while, I wanted to enjoy it.

"You're drunk, it's time for you to go home."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm buzzed, it's a difference. I'm fully capable of being responsible. Besides, I drove here, I have to drive back home."

"The club closes in three hours," he said handing me my car keys.

He was being a bad host, and it was pissing me off. "You invited me to stay and enjoy myself, and now that I am you're being an asshole. I will decide when it's time for me to go home, not you."

I could see his eyes grow darker and feel his demeanor change. I was about to ask him what his problem was, but he grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me up from my chair. He continued pulling me through the crowd until we got to the hallway that led to his office. I tried to pull my arm free, but his grip was too tight.

"Arik, where are we going? I thought you wanted me to leave." Why was he dragging me back to his office if he wanted me gone.

He pulled open his office door, pulled me inside and pinned me against the wall.

"Daniela, it's time for you to go home," he growled.

I know it was the alcohol that was making me confident, and I liked it. I wanted to challenge him, to test his temper. I called it being confident but it was fucking reckless. "Or what? What if I don't go home, what will you do?"

"Don't test me," he said pushing his body closer to mine. He had a determined look in his eyes, like he was telling me that he was going to have me, and there would be no denying him.

"Why? I can handle myself; I don't need you to tell me what to do, Arik. I'm not your property."

He leaned in close to my ear and I froze. "You're right, because if you were, I would make you regret disrespecting me."