HONEY BUN

It's been a few days since I've been back home

It's been a few days since I've been back home. I've been spending a lot of my time in my office working on orders that need to be shipped. Christmas was next week, and I wanted to make sure that anyone who wanted theirs as a last-minute present would get it. I hadn't spoken to Arik, and I wanted to keep it that way. He made it clear he was doing me a favor, so I wanted to do him a favor by leaving him alone. Work and the holidays were keeping me busy; I didn't have time to think about him. No matter how much I tried to tell myself I wasn't upset, I was. He made me feel things I kept saying weren't there. He made me want things only he could give me, knowing I was married. I didn't get it in my marriage, which made things more frustrating. I didn't get aggression and dominating sex from Liam. I could talk to my husband about it, but I don't think it would make a difference. After a long day at the office, I finally made it home. I wasn't expecting him to be here, he was working late these past few days. When I walked inside to my surprise, he was there. He was sitting on the couch, staring into the fireplace, holding a cup of wine.

"I wasn't expecting you to be home," I said, pulling my coat off, and placing my keys on the key ring.

"I wanted to get home before the snow picked up," he mumbled, taking a sip of his wine.

"Are you hungry? I wasn't expecting you, so I didn't bring anything home. I can make something; we have plenty to cook." I said walking towards the kitchen. I was consumed with trying to get packages ready, I forgot to eat lunch.

"No."

I could tell something was wrong because he was giving me short answers. He wasn't acting like he usually would. We hadn't seen each other since I came back from Paris, and this was how he was choosing to act. I wasn't upset, I was too tired to be upset, but I did notice that something was different. "Is something wrong?"

He stared at me for a second, and then placed his wine on the table. "I got a call from the doctor. She said you haven't been in to check your ovulation. She also said my brother hasn't been in to give her a sample either."

Shit, I had forgotten about the doctor. I've been so consumed with work and Arik; pregnancy didn't even cross my mind. This was the last thing I needed though. I didn't want Liam to know about his brother and I.

"I've been busy Liam. This is the busiest time of year for me. I'm sorry I missed the appointment, I'll make another one."

"I don't understand how something that was so important to you slipped your mind. I also don't understand why the hell I found a negative pregnancy test in the trash? You haven't started the process, why are you taking pregnancy tests?"

Why was he going through the trash? "I took it because we had sex, Liam." Did he really want to start an argument with me right now? "Yeah, it slipped my mind. I'm a human being, it happens. You weren't ecstatic about a baby, so why would I be breaking my back to fit into my busy schedule?"