DISAPPOINTMENT

I was excited for my trip to Paris

I was excited for my trip to Paris. This was the biggest moment in my career, and if the audience liked my lingerie, I would have a large amount of sales. I was already successful, but this could help me get my lingerie into stores, and that's what I wanted. As I packed my bag, I kept looking around the room to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I would only be gone for three days, but I wanted to be prepared. Liam walked into the room, and I smiled. I wanted to enjoy my time in Paris, so I found some things to do while I was out there. This would also be a good time to reconnect with Liam, so the activities I booked in advance, were things we could do together. It would be nice to bond with him, because I felt like I needed to fix our marriage. I knew it would take a lot to make up for what I did, but I was willing to try. I loved him more than anything, and I wanted to show him.

'Are you ready for Paris?" We needed to make sure we were packed because tomorrow we would be flying out.

He sat down and cleared his throat. "I'm sorry, I won't be able to go with you."

My world felt like it was crashing down. "What do you mean you're not going to be able to go?"

"I didn't expect this case to keep me as busy as it is. I have to stay behind, and get all of this stuff together for the case."

He had to be kidding, right? "I don't understand. Why can't you take your work with you?"

"I have meetings, I can't leave."

I was starting to get pissed off now. "You can always video chat. It's only three days, I don't see what the big deal is. We have never been to Paris together. I wanted to experience it with you."

"I have to show up, Daniela. I understand you're upset, but this is my career and people are counting on me. We can always go to Paris."

"This is my career, Liam. I love what I do, and I wish you did too. This is the biggest moment for me, and I expected you to be there. You can't keep sweeping things under the rug because you like to put your career over mine."

"If it wasn't for me, you wouldn't even have this career. I'm the one who funded it for you."

It hurt me that he would even mention funding my career. It's not like it wasn't true. I wanted to be a cheerleader for the NFL, but it didn't work out. I didn't make the cut, and I didn't know what I wanted to do going forward. I had spent four years in college getting my bachelor's degree in business. So, I decided I would start my own clothing line. The only problem was I was broke. I was working at a restaurant, waiting tables. Liam kept telling me I didn't need to work, but I wanted to. For our three-year anniversary he gifted me a check for ten thousand dollars.  It was hard at first, but everyone loves lingerie and it was good quality, so it sold. I wasn't upset that he reminded me he funded my career, I was upset because he was throwing it in my face. It was as if he was saying that he didn't have to support my career any further, because he already did. I didn't want to sit here, and argue with him anymore. It was like kicking a dead horse with him because he was going to do what he wanted to do. His career was more important, and he was busy, so that's what he focused on.