Meeting Her

It's a dark, quiet night in Outworld. And it's an even quieter night in the Palace Dungeon, where prisoners of war are held. Currently, only one cell is taken. The cell that holds Mileena: the ex-Empress of Outworld. Or the "Mad Empress" as many would call her.

She lays in silence until she hears something. Her exceptional sense of hearing - courtesy of her Tarkatan genes - picks up the slightest sound of footsteps. She sits up on her cell bed and looks outside her bars. She sees a feminine figure walking towards her.

"Hello Mileena," the girl says. "My name is Vrai and I'm a Tarkatan warrior."

"You are a Tarkatan? In MY palace? For what purpose?" Mileena asks with an inquisitive tilt of her head.

"To visit you. Tell me, why are you trapped down here?" Vrai questions.

"I was betrayed by the one who I thought was my ally. Kotal Kahn threw me in here and took my throne!" Her eyes burned with fury as she recounted her betrayal.

"Well Mileena, I am here to help you regain your throne!"

"And how do you plan to do that?" Mileena asked in a curious tone.

"I've been undercover working for Kotal. I've figured out how to free you."

"And if this plan fails? And Kotal makes an example out of you because of it?" Mileena tilts her head and asks.

"Well I'll end up like you." Vrai nods to Mileena's cell.

Mileena chuckles."You have more guts than I thought. If you are loyal, I will reward you greatly." Mileena promises.

"You have my word Empress." Vrai bowed down to Mileena.

"Then we will begin our scheme in the morning at dawn." Mileena grins and rubs her hands together. "Now the question is... why would you go to such lengths to help me?" Mileena asks with a tilt of her head.

Vrai thought for a moment. "Well I believe you are the rightful Kahnum and it's not right that Kotal stole your throne. He needs a taste of karma."

"I do like the sound of Karma biting him in the butt..." Mileena chuckles. "... But what is your motivation for putting so much trust in me? As I said before, if this plan fails, Kotal will make an example of you. Are you sure this is what you want to do?" Mileena asks sincerely.