The Escape

"Certain. I will serve you and help you regain your throne."

"Well, if you are to truly be loyal, I will need you to start calling me Empress Mileena." Mileena says with a grin.

"Yes, Empress," Vrai replies.

"Good. Now take this." Mileena hands Vrai a small key. "This is a key to my cell. In the morning, use it to unlock my cell door, and then we can begin our plan to reclaim the throne."

Vrai takes the key and puts it in her pocket. "I'll be back in the morning."

"Thank you, Vrai. I'll be waiting." Mileena nods and lays back down, getting ready for her sleep.

When the sun rises, Vrai walks down the hallway and arrives at Mileena's cell. She takes out the small key, and slowly puts it into the lock. She turns it, and the lock opens. Now is the point of no return. "Mileena, are you ready to reclaim your throne?" Vrai asks her.

"Indeed I am!"* Mileena gets up and cracks her neck. "Let this be a new day. A day where we reclaim what is rightfully mine!" Mileena's eyes glow with a sinister glimmer. Vrai smiles and hands Mileena a uniform that Kotal's warriors wear.

"You'll need to put this on. I can lead you out of here but there is no point if you'll just be captured. With this, you'll be in disguise," Vrai explains. Mileena looks at the uniform and nods, taking it.

"Fine. But know one thing, once we make our way out of here, I will be in control. Got it?" Vrai looks at Mileena and nods. "Good. Now... let us begin." Mileena gets changed. After putting on the uniform, she gets ready.

Vrai looks at Mileena. "Okay follow me," she says as she starts to walk out of the prison.

Mileena walks out, following her. Once they make it out, Mileena takes a deep breath. "Perfect. And so, the time has come to reclaim what is truly mine... I shall once again be the rightful Empress of Outworld." Her eyes glow a sinister green as she speaks.

Vrai smiles at Mileena. "Yes you will be, very soon." Mileena smiles back.

"Let's go. Let there be blood." Vrai laughed at Mileena's response. As they walk out of the prison, the first thing in sight is a Tarkatan patrol. One of them notices her and gives a shout as they pull out their swords.

"Hey! She's the Empress! She was supposed to be locked up! There she is!" They start charging at both of them.