~ Chapter 9 ~

Walking through the entrance lined by blooming vineyards made Sachiko feel as if she stepping into her childhood memories. The Chiyo estate's front was a family-run winery that made some of the best wines in Japan, underneath was the crime syndicate of Human trafficking and child auctioning. The fact that a curse hasn't developed from the Chiyo children's emotions alone was a miracle in itself. When her grandmother stated that she would send the girl information on her heritage, she expected some documents and some paper. Much to Sachiko's dismay, the old hag had invited her back to the estate to learn directly from her the history of the Chiyo family. Sachiko believed this was an attempt at getting information about the girl's relationship with her betrothed and the Gojo's expectations for her. 

Yui had begged to attend with her ward but at Fumiko Chiy's request, the girl was to enter the estate alone. It hadn't taken Satoru long to hear about the request but it was too late to be able to stop the motions, the Head thought it was a great idea so that she could meet her full potential. The thought of reentering the house made Sachiko sick to her stomach, yet she stood at the entrance about to enter. A butler opened the door, a new one, the staff never stuck around long enough to be known. They were constantly cycled through except for a few loyal who were willing to put up the illegalities and child abuse. 

"Sachiko, you look well much healthier than the gala. I was surprised to hear that you almost lost your life, it would have been a real shame. Such good genes and promise, the Gojo family would be stupid not to get your eggs harvested at least." The old woman said stepping into the greeting area, Sachiko's slight hope for a pleasant meeting was diminished by the casual remark. It amazed her how someone could have so much disdain and lack of empathy towards anyone especially someone who is her granddaughter. The wrinkled woman stopped in front of Sachiko as they stared at each other as the younger woman was not willing to bow her elder, "Just in case," 

"The Gojo family has always been good to me and looked after my welfare including flying in a reverse curse user," Sachiko stated glaring at the woman. A smirk came to Fumiko's face as she patted her granddaughter's cheek before turning away and wandering into a large room. They were not in public nor were they going to be joined by anyone as they went through the secret history of the Chiyo family. Sachiko was not going to his her displeasure of being back in the building and in Fumiko's presence. 

"You child have much more backbone than your mother. It has been a long time since I was glared at by a child who shares my blood, surely you remember when that would give you at least half a day in the white room." Fumiko said, she glanced back at the younger woman who had gone still at the mention of the room that she had thankfully forgotten about. Sachiko was a frequent visitor to the white room, a place that deprived you of all your senses. It was torture, there were reasons she was so quiet when she arrived at the Gojo estate. In an attempt to stop her visits to the room, she began talking less and less but still somehow they found a reason to sentence her to that room for a few hours. "It seems you do, either that or a good spank put you back into your place. Anyway, we aren't here to reminisce, well not about your personal history anyway." 

Fumiko sat down at a small round table that had papers and books spread out neatly over it. She gestured for the girl to join her in the seat next to her. Sachiko reluctantly sat down and glanced over the papers, there were copies of their family trees, notes from someone who seemed to be a researcher and pictures of nine curses within jars. 

"The Chiyo family is old and respected, but we have a mysterious beginning. Our ancestor, the one who began our line is historically illusive and whoever used her curse technique didn't want anyone to find out. She is the mother of the Cursed Womb: Death paintings," She pointed to the picture, and Sachiko took it in her hand as she inspected it more closely. All nine looked like a mixture of embryos and curses, she couldn't decide what they were. "She was forced to have 9 abortions, they are a mixture of curse and human blood. Noritioshi Kamo, you'll learn about him when you begin school but he forced the woman to continuously bear them. This was because she had the ability to carry a half-human and half-curse child, her son, he is the reason that we have this wonderful gift and are able to share it with the Jujutsu world. But nothing is without a price. Our direct line alone is the last to inherit the cursed blood," 

"We are part curse?" Sachiko asked terrified with the idea that the old woman revealed. Her grandmother nodded and had a smile that would scare a curse itself, she was happy and saw this as a gift. All Sachiko could feel was disgust with the taint of the blood that was within her. The younger woman stood up and began pacing the empty study room, she glanced back "You said there is a price." 

"Yes, our ability to pass on the curse techniques of our partners is the strongest. Though we have a much greater chance of becoming a revengeful spirit upon death, not that you have to worry. Everyone who wants to kill you or fuck you is a curse user or an established Jujutsu sorcerer," Fumiko stated. Sachiko just stared at the woman, she was sure that she was a sociopath. The girl texted her driver to return to the estate as she would be leaving soon. Fumiko stood up and walked towards the girl, "I believe you, Sachiko, are the first inheritor of our ancestor's cursed womb. There is no way to tell except with trial, you will have to be watched so our future generations can see the signs."

"What?" Sachiko questioned horrified, the crazy old woman believed that she could give birth to half-human half-curse children. A mix that should have never been allowed in the first place. Fumiko grabbed Sachiko's hands and her long nails dug into her arm causing the girl to wince. 

"If you produce a child the same as the first ancestor's son, you will restart our line and you will become the family's matriarch," Fumiko said her voice almost crazed at this point. Sachiko wiggled her arm free and without a second thought, her hand connected with the woman's cheek causing a sharp crack to enter the air. The old women let go as two butlers entered the room ready to help their master, Fumiko just glared at the girl before stepping away and fixing her clothes that had gotten dishevelled in her craze. "You may leave but don't think I will give up on doing the right thing for this family." 

"You can kiss my ass you old hag, I will never support your crazed delusions." Sachiko spat as she turned from her grandmother and exited the house then the estate. Her driven awaited her and chose wisely to stay silent during the long drive back to Tokyo.

As she reached the Gojo estate, Satoru waited at the gates for her. He had heard from his mother that she had been taken to the Chiyo estate, and with that news he rushed home once the final class was done for the day. He had his arms crossed and leaned against the gate. "You didn't have to go, just because my Father said so." 

"I had to go because your father said so, I'm not you Satoru. I'm still just a purchase. Plus I need to know my family's past," Sachiko said not even sparing a glance at her best friend. He followed after trying to keep up with pace, it was obvious that the meeting did not go well but it seemed that what was bothering her went deeper than just speaking to her grandmother. "I wish I never went." 

"Sachiko, what did she tell you?" Satoru asked as he grabbed her upper arm trying to get her to stop and take a breath but her eyes just widened in horror before swatting his hand away. Her face held a mixture of horror and disgust, he frowned his eyebrows at the sudden change. She had never done that before, her love language was very much touch. 

"Don't touch me, I don't want you to ever touch me again. I'm disgusting." She said as her lip started to wobble, he watched her confused before she stepped into her room and closed the door. Satoru tried to follow her but she had placed the wooden bar in it so it wouldn't open. He knocked on the door softly and leaned his head against it but there was no response just her muffled sobs. 

"Sachiko, I'm going to leave you be for a bit but when I come back you must tell me what that old bat said to you." Satoru said softly but with authority. He heard her walk towards the door and something press up against the door, "Sachi, you can rely on me." 

"Satoru, at this moment I wish I had died during the attack."