~ Chapter 18 ~

The glow of the blue light shone through the water, dimly lighting the viewing room. Both dark-haired girls stood side by side, unbeknownst that their worlds were one and the same. Satoru and Suguru stood near the gift shop, speaking until Satoru recognised the familiar cursed energy. His attention turned to his fiancee, who stared up at the fish with a wonderous expression. Her black hair was down, falling over her bare shoulders as she wore a floral green sleeveless dress. "Why is Sachiko here?" 

"Did I forget to tell you she was reassigned to us?" Suguru said, poking his tongue out at his best friend. Satoru glared at him and went to walk over, but Suguru held him back. Riko had noticed the girl and turned to her to start a conversation. The boys quickly noticed the similarities between the two girls. Due to this, Suguru believed that Satoru had quickly developed a soft spot for the vessel. 

"I love your dress," Riko said, turning to Sachiko, who locked eyes with the surprised girl. Sachiko's cheeks heated up as she nodded in thanks. The vessel smiled brightly, taking in the girl's features, "You are beautiful! I wish I had your hair. It's so thick and straight. Do you straighten it?" 

"Thank you, thankfully, no. I already spend too much time getting myself ready; I wouldn't be able to handle straightening it every day." Sachiko said, her guard breaking down slowly. The girls began chatting, and Sachiko finally glanced behind Riko. She spotted the two boys who stood watching the pair; she tilted her head in confusion, which made the girl glance back at them and groan. 

"I'm sorry about them. They are my friends, I guess. We are travelling to Tokyo together but decided to stay an extra day to go sightseeing." Riko said. Sachiko's eyes fell back on the girl.

"You're Riko Amanai." Sachiko said, this startled the girl who backed away from her unsure if she should trust a stranger that knows her name. Sachiko was surprised; the beach day was not unlike the boys, but a sightseeing tour around the whole city was. There must have been hidden terms in the mission that influenced it, or they were waiting until the bounty ended on the girl's head. Sachiko held her hands up as the boys walked over to them. Another woman followed close behind. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I'm Sachiko Chiyo, a student at Jujutsu High School..." 

"She was sent to babysit us because our teacher doesn't trust us as much as he should," Satoru said, joining the conversation. Riko's shoulders relaxed as she let out a slow breath, the smile returned to her face as she apolygised to Sachiko. The older girl just waved off her apologies before glaring at Satoru. "Hey, I haven't seen you in a few days, and this is the greeting I get." 

"Yes. You didn't introduce us; how long were you standing there watching you creep?" Sachiko demanded, pressing a pointed finger against his chest. She was not oblivious to the dark circles under his eyes. Satoru just held his hands up before pointing at Suguru, who looked innocent beside them. He told the girl that Geto hadn't even told her she was coming. Sachiko's glare moved to him, so he began getting defensive, "I know your game, Suguru; just because you're handsome doesn't mean you get off easy. You both are idiots!" 

"Why'd you call him handsome?" Satoru whined as Riko and the woman laughed at the interaction. They were seeing a completely different side to the pair. Though she was their underclassman, she had them wrapped around her finger. Sachiko sighed and waved off the white-haired boy, so he pointed at his face, looking between Sachiko and Suguru. 

"I'm sorry, I'm Sachiko. And you are?" Sachiko said, ignoring the two boys' bickering as she greeted the woman. 

"I'm Misato Kuroi, Miss Riko's caretaker." As the group gathered their thoughts, they decided to head to the hotel so the three sorcerers would have time to secure it. They had two rooms; the girls would sleep in one while the boys were meant to stay in the one next door, but Satoru insisted on keeping watch in the common area.