~ Chapter 17 ~

Nanami groaned as Sachiko slumped onto him. Her light snores went straight into his ear while Yu attempted to use his technique against one of Yaga's dolls. They had been in class all morning, but their teacher was called away due to a mission, leaving the first years to use their training time responsibility. Sachiko had talked the pair into going to the pool, but Yu asked for an hour of training.

Nanami and Sachiko each gave the boy fifteen minutes of their time before both tapped out due to the heat. Yu was persistent, but he was slowly losing the momentum he had, which was confirmed by the sucker punch that Yaga's doll landed on the first year. Sachiko had sat up suddenly from the noise and looked at the scene disorientated. Yu was rolling on the ground, holding his cheek while the doll raised its arms in victory.

Sachiko covered her loud as a giggle slipped out, then another before she was clutching her stomach. Nanami couldn't help but join in the laughter at their friend's expense. Yu glared at them as he sat up but joined in soon enough. As it slowly went quiet again, Sachiko stood up after composing herself and held her hand down to Nanami. He accepted her help, and Yu came over to them, "Well, boys, it's pool time!"

The cool water was a blessing to Sachiko's hot body as she dove into it. Yu was preparing to do a bomb while Nanami was sitting on the side of the pool with his legs in. She watched as Yu jumped up and tucked his body in, as he hit the water the splash was huge. Nanami had gotten drenched and accepted his fate as he slipped into the water.

The three swam around each other, mostly Nanami and Sachiko, avoiding Yu's unexpected bubbles. It took a few days for Sachiko to be comfortable with the two boys again. It was disheartening having two of her best friends call her liar, but afterwards, she was able to tell them the full story. She still left out a few details, but every now and then, they would ask her questions, which allowed them to get a deeper understanding. One thing they learned was that Sachiko was not the prissy and rich girl they thought she was when they first met.

"We ran into Suguru on the way to get our things. He said that the second years might join us after their classes finish," Yu stated as he floated around. Sachiko and Nanami kept pushing him between each other. She hummed an acknowledgement before diving under the water, as she resurfaced she made sure to hold her hair so it wouldn't cover her face. She let out a squeal as something grabbed onto her leg. "Got ya!"

"Let go of me!" She laughed as Yu grabbed her and dragged her up the water with him. Nanami backed away as the pair continued to fight under the water until Sachiko surfaced with a victorious smile. Yu groaned in pain as he clutched his crotch, which earnt a grimace from Nanami and an apologetic look from Sachiko. "I'm so sorry, Yu!"

"Everything is fine." He croaked out as he stood next to his side and rested his forehead against the wall. Sachiko rubbed his back as she looked at Nanami for help, but he just stared at the pair.

"What is going on here?" Shoko asked, startling the three. Her face popped over the side of the pool, she had a little smirk on her lips and a lollypop between them "Oh my, a blow to the jewels."

"I didn't mean it; I was just kicking to get away and well..." Sachiko said, defending herself. Yu told her he was good now, and Sachiko backed away. She glanced up at the seats. Suguru and Satoru were snickering between each other. Sachiko rolled her eyes and jumped up to the side to get out of the pool. She walked up to her fiancee and his best friend, and she glanced up at with a sweet smile, "And how are you today Suguru?"

"I'm doing swell, and you Sachiko?" He asked copying her sweet smile while Satoru glanced between the two with a frown. She replied that she was well as Satoru tried to get her attention, her head turned towards him and she gave him a quick peck on the cheek. Satoru gaze followed her as she went back to the poolside, she was in her burnt orange bikini set and complimented her features and figure well. It was his favourite one.

He pulled out his phone and called her name. She glanced back at him with a smile, and he quickly snapped a photo of her. Sachiko scrunched up her nose as she walked back over to the boy, she tried to grab his phone but he held it up way out of her reach. She looked up at him with doe eyes but he just smirked down at her. He kissed her cheek and threw his phone down onto the chair, as he allowed her to pull him towards the water.

She still had some healing wounds from their last mission. Shoko had healed them most of the way but wasn't able to get them completely healed. Though she was worried about the younger girl at first, Shoko was happy to have a willing participant to heal. Satoru put his hands on her shoulders, and she looked at him, scared, as he pushed her backwards with an evil cackle. He knew he was coming, but Satoru held his arms out as Suguru pushed him in after her.

Sachiko squealed as she attempted to escape Satoru, who quickly latched his arms around her waist. She turned in his grip so they were facing each other. He went to lean in for a kiss, but she shot water from her mouth at his face. Satoru groaned in disgust as he splashed her back.

A few days later, the three first years walked through the airport. Satoru and Suguru had been sent to escort the Star Plasma vessel back to Jujutsu High so they could assimilate with Master Tengen, a pillar of security for Jujutsu High and the community. Their job was to keep the security of the Okinawa airport. Nanami was apprehensive about the mission, "Clearly, this mission is far too difficult for a first-year student."

"I'm totally psyched, though. I can't wait to show off in front of Geto!" Yu said, clenching his fist. Sachiko rolled her eyes at his comment. Yu looked up at Suguru, and she couldn't understand why. She loved Satoru but could never look up to him for the same reasons: he was an egotistical idiot. They say don't meet your heroes, "You know what? I heard that the upperclassmen are worn to the bone trying to protect one lone girl. This is our chance to show them we got what it takes."

"Speak for yourself. I think I've proved myself enough. The poor girl will probably die from dealing with those two idiots or want to." Sachiko muttered from her spot between the two. She didn't want to be part of such a big mission; as she got closer to her grade promotion, she wanted to go on more solo missions to get her experience up. However, her heart jumped at the thought of seeing Satoru, whom she had missed leaving due to the mission that called her to the northern part of the country. "Like those two would ever lift more fingers than they need. I wish we had time to go to the beach, though."

"If a typhoon rolls in and shuts down the airports, our efforts will be for naught," Nanami stated, earning a roll of eyes from the other two. Nanami could be a major bummer, in Satoru's words. Sachiko knew that when she let herself relax a little, he would always be there as a voice of reason. She had seen how the graduated sorcerers acted with each other, but it was easy to tell who had trained together during school. Those they trained and learnt with seemed to have an unshakable bond, and Sachiko hoped that the three of them would be together in ten years.

They stopped a vending machine so Nanami could purchase the iced coffee he had been craving all morning. Yu stood behind Nanami, trying to peak at the other drinks on offer while Sachiko sat on the seat against the wall, flicking through the random lifestyle magazine beside it. She never shied away from fancy clothes and make-up, and she was a sucker for a formal kimono. Satoru's mother mentored her in the art of high-society fashion. She was a good teacher, telling the girl all she needed to be recognised as an official woman in the high Jujutsu society.

"Nanami, Sachi. They said that they were staying another day. Do you think something happened?" Yu said, making the girl look up. Both she and Nanami let out groans of annoyance. Sachiko uncrossed her legs, stood up and carelessly tossed the magazine onto the side table. Yu glanced between the pair innocently, "What do you think happened?"

Sachiko's phone went off, and she glanced at it. A photo message from Satoru, "Well, by the looks of this, those two assholes are using their mission to have a beach holiday." As Yu went to reply, Sachiko's phone began to ring, and as she answered, the booming voice of Yaga, a Jujutsu High teacher, rang through. She winced as she held the phone away from her ear to save her hearing. Nanami and Yu stared at her as she gave curt cues for him to keep talking before she hung up with a smile. "Guess who's going to the beach? I've been asked to babysit those two numskulls, so I need to get a change of clothes and a bikini. You know, for the mission."

"You're as bad as them sometimes," Nanami said, placing his hand on his hip.