[ 5 ]

Songmin squinted her eyes at the computer

Songmin squinted her eyes at the computer. It was her first time looking at her online calendar in weeks since she'd preferred using the paper one she'd gotten about a month ago as a start-of-school gift.

She and Eunhye shared an online calendar which both of them could add events to. Eunhye added events incredibly rarely because she usually texted them to Songmin and Songmin simply wrote them down, so Songmin rarely checked the online calendar.

Yet the girl was starting to regret her negligence toward the calendar. Among the empty white squares signifying days where no events were added, there was a big rectangle of an event. An event planned for today.

I don't remember adding this. Was it Eunhye?

She clicked open the event. It's title was plain and straightforward: "Dinner hangout". Picking up her phone, Songmin decided to just call her best friend instead of text. Texting was too time consuming.

Eunhye picked up right away. "Sooonnngie, what's up?"

"Why didn't you tell me about the dinner hangout today? I was planning on finishing this week's cosmology reading tonight."

A muffled, "Oops" sounded from the other side of the call. "I added it on yesterday and might have forgotten to tell you. So, you know the music major guy I've been talking to, Mark?"

"Yeah."

"We've become friends and he invited me to dinner with his friends tonight. I was going to ask you yesterday if you wanted to come, but I got wrapped up in a project and it slipped my mind."

"Eunhye unnie, I support your pursuit of a romantic relationship but I will not be meeting your future boyfriend's friends on such short notice."

Eunhye huffed, and Songmin could see her friend's frown in her mind. "Songmin-ah, I'm really sorry for not telling you sooner. I let it slip my mind yesterday when I should've texted you right away. I've met Mark's friends before and they're really nice, I promise. Please come with me."

There was no way Songmin was going. She needed to finish her homework and there was no question that she would much, much rather stay in and do work than meet new people.

She could tell this Mark guy meant a lot to Eunhye and she had absolutely no problem with that, he sounded like a truly nice guy, but meeting his friends? That was a level of stress Songmin did not need right now, especially since she hadn't known about the diner until hours before it was supposed to happen.

"I'm not going."

"Pleeeaaaase, Songie."

"No."

"I swear they are lovely people. I won't force you to interact with them and I'll tell them not to talk with you if you want me to."

"You know that's even more embarrassing."

"Then I won't do that. But please, come with me. I really want you to meet Mark and him to meet you. Please."