[ 18 ]

"

"...water bottle, tinted lip balm, band-aids, and an umbrella. Am I missing anything?"

"You have enough supplies to survive the zombie apocalypse, I'm sure you'll be fine," Eunhye joked, zipping closed her own little travel backpack. "It's not like we're going deep into some mountains. We're going to be only about half an hour away from a town, so we can just go buy anything we need."

"I know, I know," Songmin sighed. She left her messenger bag on the couch and went to get some water from the kitchen. "I just would rather not spend money on something I already own. Who's in our car again?"

Eunhye pulled out her phone to check, opening her chat with Mark. "Mark says we're going with him, Jisung, and Chenle. They'll be here in a few minutes, so we should head down right now. Make sure you have your key card."

Taking Eunhye's instructions, Songmin finished up her water and set the cup in the sink, then moved to pull out her wallet from her messenger bag, opening it and seeing the key card right where it was supposed to be. 

She smiled at seeing the EXO Baekhyun photocard that looked out at her from the clear pocket on the inside left of the wallet. Her parents had never approved of buying her "unnecessary" material things like merchandise or toys and although she'd grown up with a similar ambivalence for material items, there was always some part of her that treasured the few things she received that her parents had deemed "unnecessary", such as her headphones and the occasional stuffed animal. When Eunhye had bought her the photocard of her bias for her birthday, she was over the moon and vowed to protect it for as long as she lived.

And protect it she did. There had not been a single moment in the past four years of her life where she could not have told you exactly where the photocard was.

She slipped the wallet back into her bag and joined Eunhye in putting her shoes on, bending down to check on Bbongie in the process. The black cat was crouched in her carrier and meowed at the sight of her owner's face, reaching a paw out to scratch at the bars of the carrier door.

"I'm sorry you have to be stuck in here," Songmin muttered, reaching a finger in between the bars to pet Bbongie's paw. "The ride will be a bit long but I promise that you'll be free to roam the house when we get there." She felt a pang in her heart as the cat continued to meow and paw at the bars. She must be miserable in there; it's barely enough space, I'd hate to spend any longer than ten minutes in there.

"I'm going to bring my suitcase down, if you want to take Bbongie first I can watch her while you come back for your luggage," Eunhye proposed, opening the apartment door and stepping outside.

Not wanting to go through the hassle of making two trips to and from the apartment, Songmin slung her messenger bag over her shoulder, grabbed handle of her suitcase in one hand, and tried to pick up both Bbongie's carrier and her small bag of cat necessities in the same hand, but not even two seconds passed before her arm started to protest. She quickly set the carrier and bag back down as the weight became too much and her fingers flared up in pain.