[ 17 ]

"Thank you all for showing up for the final

"Thank you all for showing up for the final. I trust all of you did your best and I wish you guys good luck and have a great break."

Songmin stood from her seat at the back of the lecture hall and followed behind the rush of chattering students leaving the classroom, her classmates finding their friends to discuss the exam as they walked out.

Bowing to her professor as she passed her, Songmin felt an unexpected relief at leaving the room. Finally done with the first semester! No homework for the next month and a half, thank goodness. Now, what do I want to do with the rest of my day...

Before she could answer that question, a person from somewhere down the hallway called out, "Songmin-ah!"

Songmin turned towards the sound and saw Eunhye jogging toward her from the direction of the Visual Arts building. Eunhye reached her and stopped, setting a hand against the wall for support as she caught her breath.

Songmin chuckled, giving Eunhye a pitying pat on the back. "You're so out of shape, unnie. You should start going to the gym."

Eunhye gave her a feigned exasperated look, punching her gently in the arm. "Look who's talking, pipsqueak," she panted between breaths, straightening up a little. "You're not so fit either. Remember how tired you were after laser tag? I practically had to carry you back to your apartment."

"What can I say, I'm an academic, not an athlete," Songmin said, shrugging. "But what brings you here? If you wanted to talk to me, you could've texted me or met me at home."

"Home? We're not going home," Eunhye exclaimed, looping her arm around Songmin's shoulders and starting to walk down the hallway, pulling the younger with her. "Since both of our finals are over today and it's only three o'clock, I thought it would be nice to have a girls' day out. Do something fun, get some dinner, and then go home to watch a movie or show. Sound okay?"

Songmin knew she couldn't refuse. She didn't have any homework to do now that her first semester classes were over and none of her personal projects were urgent. They hadn't done an official girls' day out in a long while either, both being so busy with classes and jobs that they hadn't found the time to spend a whole day together since the start of the school year. Thinking on it now, Songmin had missed being able to just spend entire days with her best friend and she was surprisingly excited at the prospect of finally being able to do so. She loved math but the college workload had been so intense that she knew she needed a break, and hanging out with Eunhye was almost always something worth looking forward to.

So, smiling, Songmin replied, "Sounds great. What are we going to do?"

Eunhye grinned, giving Songmin a mischievous pat on the head. "You'll see. Come on, I made an appointment and I can tell you from experience that we absolutely can not be late."

A car ride later, during which Eunhye still wouldn't tell Songmin where they were going no matter how many times she asked, the two arrived at the mall.