[ 16 ]

"Now that I think about it, I have no idea what movie we're going to watch

"Now that I think about it, I have no idea what movie we're going to watch."

"I'm pretty sure it's a horror movie, though I'm not exactly sure what it's called."

Songmin groaned. "Unnie, I shouldn't have agreed to come. You know I can't handle any horror content that isn't literature."

"Who knows, it might not be that bad," Eunhye reassured, almost needing to yell back over her shoulder to be heard over the noise of the pedestrians around them. "Jisung will be there too, and last I heard he isn't a fan of anything too scary. He probably wouldn't have agreed to come if the movie was really that terrifying."

The two of them walked on the very edge of the sidewalk, en route to the movie theatre. The city was bustling with nightlife on a weekend, the streets ruled by adults and teens out to enjoy time with their friends and family. Every shop was open, not a single shop owner wanting to miss out on the surge of potential customers that came out once the sun went down. The fragrances of foods of all kinds, sweet to savory to sour, drifted out of the various restaurants, bakeries, and bars that lined the main street, teeming with people looking to have a late dinner or snack. Neon store signs that were already bright during the day shone even brighter at night, glaring enough that Songmin kept her gaze angled downward as she and Eunhye made their way through the masses of people that filled the sidewalk. She held tightly on Eunhye's wrist so as to not get swept away in the crowd, relying on the older to somehow navigate.

Fortunately, the theatre was less swarmed with people than the sidewalk in front of it and Songmin was finally able to let go of Eunhye once the two entered through the glass doors into the theatre lobby. 

Donghyuck, who was standing with the six other guys near the theatre restrooms, spotted the girls first and waved them over. 

Songmin moved to stand beside Chenle and Jisung while Eunhye joined her boyfriend, giving him a kiss on the cheek. "How are you doing, babe?" Mark asked her, snaking his arm around her waist and pulling her closer so that they were standing side by side. "Happy now that I get to see you," Eunhye smiled, patting him affectionately on the head.

A variety of reactions rippled through the rest of the friend group. Jisung cringed and turned away, covering his peripheral vision with his hand. Chenle feigned disgust and made fake barfing noises, making Jisung giggle through his cringe. Renjun, also feigning disgust, threw his hands up and turned away, exclaiming, "Oh my goodness, there they go again." Donghyuck cried out sarcastically, "Oh no, I'm a third wheel now!" Jeno managed to keep a completely neutral face while Jaemin gushed from beside him, "That's so cute, relationship goals." Songmin just smiled to herself. I've never seen Eunhye this affectionate with someone. Something new to tease her about later.

"Before I claw my eyes out," Renjun spoke up, stepping away from the group towards the snack bar, "anyone want popcorn? The movie starts soon."

"Yes, puh-lease. Renjun, you're paying," Chenle declared, not even waiting for Renjun to answer before he started heading to the snack bar, Jisung trailing behind him. Renjun was about to shout something snarky back at him when Jaemin interrupted. "No need to yell, Jeno and I can pay."