Chapter 2: Duskclan

( Chappie 2!) The art is by Champos

Springpaw P.O.V:

Springpaw, a young apprentice, was lounging in the warm sun, enjoying the lazy afternoon. She watched as Dawnkit and Branchkit, two younger kits, played happily with an old moss ball. Suddenly, she heard a familiar voice behind her and turned to see her brother, Pouncepaw, approaching her. "What are you up to?" he asked with a smile. "Nothing much," Springpaw replied, stretching her legs. Pouncepaw's eyes lit up as he said, "Oh, okay! Well, Duskheart wanted to know if you wanted to hunt with me and Moontail!" 

Springpaw's ears perked up at the mention of hunting. She had been looking forward to the day when she could join the more experienced cats on their hunts. "Sure, I guess," she said with a grin, excited to accompany her brother and the two senior warriors. She got up from her spot next to the apprentice den and followed Pouncepaw over to where Moontail and Duskheart were waiting. The two warriors were engaged in a lively conversation about hunting techniques and strategies. 

Moontail, a dark-furred she-cat, noticed Springpaw's arrival and greeted her warmly. "Oh, I see you decided to join us, Springpaw!" she exclaimed, flashing a toothy grin. Springpaw felt a sense of pride at being included in the group, but also a tinge of annoyance that they hadn't expected her to come along. She approached the older cats with the sun on her back, feeling a sense of warmth and excitement. 

Springpaw was eager to learn from the two experienced warriors as they led her and Pouncepaw into the dark forest. She felt a thrill of anticipation as they began their hunt, her eyes scanning the undergrowth for any movement. She knew that this was just the beginning of her journey as a warrior and that there was much more to learn. But for now, she was content to be with her brother and the senior cats, enjoying the thrill of the hunt and the warmth of the sun on her back.

Springpaw and her clanmates were on the hunt for prey, but her mind was occupied with thoughts of Dawnclan. While Moonflower had always said that they were kind and happy, she couldn't help but wonder about the rumours she had heard about the fact that Dawnclan had wiped out Dayclan years ago. She questioned if it was true, and if so, what would drive Dawnclan to commit such an act.

As Springpaw was lost in her thoughts, Moontail's voice broke through her concentration, "Springpaw! You go over by the stream, and Pouncepaw, over by the moss rock!" Springpaw followed Moontail's instructions and made her way to the stream, her senses alert. She sniffed the air and soon picked up the scent of a mouse. She followed the trail, carefully and quietly, her eyes scanning the area for any signs of danger. As she crept closer to her prey, she readied herself for the pounce.

Springpaw, Moontail, Duskheart, and Pouncepaw had been out on the hunting trip for most of the day.  They were pleased with their catch: Springpaw had managed to catch two mice and a small sparrow while Pouncepaw had caught a sparrow and a squirrel.

As they made their way back to the camp, Springpaw noticed her best friend Leafpaw talking with her mentor, Whiteleap. Leafpaw had been training hard to become a skilled warrior, and Springpaw was proud of her. They were discussing patrols, and Whiteleap was informing Leafpaw that she would have to speak to Bumbletalon about it. 

Disappointed, Leafpaw let out a sigh and walked away. Springpaw could tell she was feeling down, so she went over to her and asked if she wanted to grab something to eat. Leafpaw's eyes lit up with joy, and she happily accepted the invitation. They went to the fresh kill pile, where they picked out a few pieces of prey and sat down to enjoy their meal together.

As they ate, Springpaw listened to Leafpaw's concerns about her training, offering words of encouragement and support. Leafpaw felt better after talking to her friend, and they spent the rest of the evening chatting and playing games with the other young cats in the camp.

After a long day of training and hunting, Springpaw finally retreated to her den feeling satisfied with her efforts. As she lay down to rest, her thoughts drifted towards the history of Dayclan and Dawnclan. She wondered what happened to Dayclan and the truth behind the clan's history. Despite her curiosity, Springpaw knew that she would have to wait until the next Gathering to learn more about the history of her clan and their neighbours. With that thought, she closed her eyes and drifted off to sleep.

(CHAPPIE 2 COMPLETED! 👁️👄👁️👍🫠)