Chapter 14: Duskclan

NEXT CHAPPIE! *Finally!* This is a rewrite:

Pouncefoot P.O.V:

Pouncefoot was nervously following Leafcinder, his crush, down the rocky mountain path. Every step he took was calculated, trying to make sure he wouldn't stumble or trip. Suddenly, he heard a voice calling out his name. It was Moontail, his former mentor. She was walking towards him, her tail swishing back and forth. "Pouncefoot, how is it going being a warrior?" she asked him, a hint of pride in her voice. "It's going great! You prepared me well," Poucefoot replied, his voice filled with gratitude. He looked at Moontail with admiration. She had been the one to help him hone his fighting skills and improve his hunting techniques. Without her, he wouldn't have been able to become the warrior he is today.  

Leafcinder's warm smile was met with a tinge of sadness in Moontail's expression as she asked "Moontail, did you ever have a mate?" Leafcinder asked, gently probing.

Moontail's response was subdued, "Yes, I did. His name was Frostheart. But he was killed by a fox," she said, her voice trailing off.Pouncefoot's heart ached for the loss Moontail must have felt. Leafcinder reached out to comfort her, "Oh, that's horrible!" she said, placing a soft paw on Moontail's shoulder. Moontail's voice was heavy with emotion, "Yes. That's why I never got another mate," she said, looking down at her paws. Leafcinder purred softly, "I can understand that," she said. Pouncefoot nodded in agreement. "But that's in the past!" Moontail said, mustering a small smile.

Pouncefoot nodded his head in agreement as Moontail left to speak with Springivy. "Let's hope that nothing unfortunate happens to anyone else now," he expressed to Leafcinder. Beeheart called out to them, "We've finally reached the bottom of the mountain!" Pouncefoot gazed ahead and recognized that the mountain trail had widened, and they were now standing on even ground.

Lanenderstar whispered something to Dawnheart, who then yowled out, "I'm going to send out hunting patrols, so we can gather enough food for everyone!" Dawnheart turned to Pouncefoot and Moontail, who were standing nearby. "Pouncefoot and Moontail, can you two go to the left?" she asked them. Pouncefoot agreed, and after exchanging a glance with Moontail, they both headed into the forest, splitting up shortly after.

As he explored the forest, Pouncefoot noticed the lush greenery surrounding him. The leaves of the trees rustled in the gentle breeze, and the chirping of birds filled the air. He walked for a while, scanning the ground for any prey, but soon, he heard Moontail yowl out in agony. Pouncefoot rushed over to her and found her lying on the ground with a huge gash on her stomach and another cat standing over her snarling, "Let me join!" He hissed and Moontail snarled, " Never!" She said trying to get up but the tom-cat attacked her again, Pouncefoot ran forward trying to protect her but the rouge got to her first he clawed her stomach again causing blood to spill everywhere. Pouncefoot turned to face the rouge, " How could you?!" Pouncefoot hissed and lunged at the tomcat who tried to dodge but Pouncefoot was too fast.

Pouncefoot carefully carried the tomcat's body away and returned to Moontail's side. Worriedly, he asked her, "Moontail, how are you feeling? Do you need any help?" She gazed at him and replied weakly, "Please tell Duskclan... tell them not to give up hope." Despite her injuries, she was still thinking of her clan and urging them to persevere, "No!" cried Pouncefoot as Moontail took her final breath. Moontail was dead....