→ 3○ Into the darkness we go

𝙊𝙥𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙖 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙗𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙠 multiple times as the thing -- Nixx -- was eating all her stocked chocolates. How did he find them? She has no idea, but he sure eats a lot. 

"So... hmm..." She begins, hesitant to interrupt the creature in his eating.

However, much to her surprise, he dropped the chocolate bar on her bed and went over to her pillows. And without answering, he fell over them, and snoring sounds quickly filled her room. Ophelia's face was baffled. But soon, annoyance took over her as she stood up from her chair and moved toward the pillows. With a certain gentleness, she punched the pillow with her fist.

Almost instantly, the creature opened his eyes and lazily glared at her. A glare that was returned. 

"Will you be so kind as to enlighten me, Nixx?" Ophelia deliberately forced on the creature's name, not finding his antics amusing. 

"Little human is feisty." Nixx was not fazed at all as he grinned at an annoyed Ophelia. "Well, as you asked so nicely, I shall answer."

The grey-eyed girl eyed Nixx, who put his little -- miniature -- arms behind his equally small head and closed his black eyes. "I'm a kwami, and I grant the power of darkness. You will be fighting akumatized villains created by the miraculous of the butterfly." He yawned and rubbed one of his eyes. "In short, you will be a superheroine. Exciting, isn't it?"

If Ophelia was baffled before, now she looked puzzled, completely out of character. Her eyes were wide open, and her mouth slightly agape. Insane. That's what she must be at the moment. Yeah, it's not like a strange, short creature just came out of an unidentified box, claimed to be a Kwami named Nixx that grants a special power, and announced that she will become a superheroine fighting villains.

This day couldn't get any worse than that. 

"Oh, I love people's reactions when I explain to them their destiny." Nixx chuckled, smirking widely. 

From there, she could see that Nixx has fangs. Well, he stated he was a bat kwami. But seeing something as unreal as that...  

"What destiny are you talking about?" Ophelia carefully sat on the other side of the bed, unsure of what she was supposed to do else.

Nixx got up from the pillows and floated above them. "Being the bat miraculous holder, of course! And stop every akumatized people from taking your miraculous." 

Even more confused than before, Ophelia asked, "What's a miraculous?"

Then, Nixx floated toward her desk and grabbed the box the girl dropped a moment before. Coming to her, he let the box fall on her lap. Her eyes scanned the box before finally noticing a jewelry inside.

"It's jewelry that will help you transform." Nixx grinned again. "You have the luck to have a beautiful ear cuff earring!" 

Delicately, Ophelia took the jewelry and raised it at her eye level. Nixx wasn't wrong. That ear cuff is not bad-looking. It was platinum and looks like an actual jewelry bought in a store. Its platinium color reminded the girl of Mrs. Dupuy. The old woman loved jewelry.

"I knew girls are always attracted to those jewelry." Nixx proudly added, crossing his arms over the fur of his body.

Ophelia sighed, feeling a headache take over her brain. Tiredness took over her as she leaned her head against a wall, closing her eyes in the process. Pictures and memories she desperately wanted to forget came flashing into her mind. The girl winced at them and looked back at the eating kwami.