→ 7○ A cold summer

«𝙇𝙚𝙩'𝙨 𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙨!» Alec animated with his usual smile on his face.

The camera zoomed in to focus on the first girl -- a pale-blond-haired teen holding a blue umbrella confidently smiled and winked at the camera. «To my right, Aurore Beauréal.»

«To my left, Mireille Caquet!» Then, a shyer girl discreetly waved, hiding her eyes with her blue fringe.

«Who'll be the lucky winner? Vote now!»

"Ophelia!"

In the middle of doing the dishes, Ophelia heard her name being yelled at, startling her. Holding the now clean plate in her hand -- the plate that was about to break -- the brunette walked to the living room to find Mrs Dupuy with a phone in hand.

"Do you need anything?" She questioned, approaching the old woman sitting on the sofa.

The brunette backed away slightly when the woman held out her phone before her eyes. Curiously, she picked it up. 

"Vote for me dear. Tap #2 and send it." Mrs Dupuy is a woman who's extremely blunt in her words. She says everything she thinks, however, that habit of hers often leads to misunderstanding. 

For Ophelia, the girl never had a problem with that before. The old woman is a sweet grandma and always looks out for her. The brunette sees her as the grandmother she never had the fortune to meet.

Blinking, Ophelia raised her head to watch the show. The Miss Weather contest will be ending today, an emission Mrs. Dupuy has been following for ages. 

"You want to vote for Mireille? I thought for sure you will be going for Aurore?" Indeed, after watching the show with her a little less than two weeks ago, Ophelia has figured the woman would go for the blonde girl.

"Nu-uh. That girl is way overconfident to be Miss Weather. I don't want to see her face plastered on my screen during the announcement of the weather for the next year." Mrs Dupuy strictly answered, crossing her arms over her chest.

The answer made the brunette laugh, loving how the woman talks or even thinks. She has expected everything but that answer. With a smile, she followed Mrs Dupuy's demand and send the number.

Gently, Ophelia gives the phone back to Mrs Dupuy, who thanked her with a smile and went back to the kitchen. Only the glasses and forks were left. Ophelia wasn't in her apartment. She has been invited by the woman for lunch -- more like dragged out of her apartment. 

As her husband isn't at home -- something about going out with friends -- Ophelia found it difficult to say no to the woman. Moreover, she could use a break from her studies and actually enjoy a bit of the two weeks' vacation she has.

The moment she finished cleaning the last glass, she heard her name being called again. Wiping her wet hands, she made her way to the living room and stands before Mrs Dupuy. 

"Be a dear and bring me some flour and milk, please. I am gonna be baking in honor of Mireille's victory."

The brunette's eyebrows raised. She looked at the confident old woman in silence before sighing. She's not going to argue with whatever Mrs Dupuy has in mind.